Haystone villa 1765

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Re: Haystone villa 1765

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:30 pm

Wey Hey! :) All chip in then

If we get some time,and petrol, we'll have a drive down :D

I'm just looking at Google maps street view,...is that it round a narrow bendy road, with scaffolding all round it?

There's also a BBC article about somewhere in that area where a bloke had a cannabis factory, that it too? Not sure if that's the same place.
It looks like it's right in the middle of Plymouth though! Surely will have absolutely loads of history layers one on top of the other in a place like that! Lord knows what happened there in the past or what buildings there were, but if yours is dated to late 1700s it's pretty early.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Yes that the road
And yes that's the cannabis farm
When I first walked around the house,there were a number of holes cut through different walls
Lots of screw holes in the ceilings and marks in the floors saying cut here
I pondered these strange things as I walked around
Having the feeling that I'd seen this sort of thing before
I then remembered a tv programme,horror tenants or something of that ilk
And the programme was about a cannabis farm in a terraced housed
It had uv lights hanging from the ceiling and holes through the walls and ceilings for the ventilation pipes
The previous owner claimed to know nothing about it
And strangely enough he used to sleep in the strange bit right at the back of the house
I think he's due in court soon
This house will be a ten minute walk to the city centre when I reinstate the old footpath
One of the reasons I bought it
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Lot of work, but it looks like a great business move to me!

I used to work in lettings, in Newcastle,we had a couple of horror situations like that with tenants who moved in and set up cannabis farms, in sizeable houses in the city. One in Whitley Bay and one just round the corner from our office in Newcastle City Center. The landlords tend to just leave the tenants be, and yes they put UV lighting all on the ceiling. Neighbours alerted about it, various signs, and also you could see something was wrong as when it snowed heavily there was no snow staying on that roof at all.
The house in Whitley Bay was totally ruined, I saw it after the police had been in, they had wrecked the ceiling and drilled holes in the walls everywhere, big project.

Wonder if all that will also affect the atmosphere of the place? Or if the occupants were also on drugs. One theory is that druggies and drunks will attract low grade spirits and spirits of ex alchies or druggies who have died, trying to sort of get close to them or possess them in order to get a fix again... which they still crave, and so they try to stick to a living druggie. There is a book where all this is described called Growing Up Psychic, from Skeptic to Believer, by Michael Bodine. It's very entertaining and easy to read, an autobiography of what happened to him when he was a druggy and a drunk in his youth and the ghosts that used to be attracted to him and the house he lived in. Anyway the house was riddled with them.
So that could also contribute to the atmosphere in your house....

This is the book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Growing-Up-Psyc ... 0738719617

GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:52 pm

No,the atmosphere in the house is nice and clean
I've never felt anything heavy,although I did give a speach about behaving themselves
And as long as they don't bother me,I won't bother them
But definitely feels good
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:07 pm

That's good!

Well, then when you have finished it should be a lovely place, with a bit of folklore and history to attract some good buyers :)

I wonder if your work will flush some stuff out though, building and renovation work is believed to trigger activity. Likely that you are the one who will get it though! Or, it could be you are just sensitive to it :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm down at haystone from next Saturday for two weeks
Got to get some bathrooms and a kitchen fitted
Only got a microwave oven and a kettle down there
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Would be interesting to see it some time, but we're quite a long way, and pretty tied up. Maybe one day when we're down in the West Country again ... :)

Roger, take a digi recorder when you have a bit of time, or use the recorder you may have on a phone... and ask questions, ... see if you get any answers when you get home, you never know!
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:28 pm

Ooh I've never tried anything like that before
That sounds interesting
Although I'm not sure I would want to listen to any recording till I'm back home in kent
In case I get creeped out ...lol
Will give it a try though
There might be a decent app I could load on my ipad
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:43 pm

Most phones and cameras have a voice recorder too, if not then some MP3 players have them.. or Ipods. Try it out.

Just go in there, and into the bits you think may be active, and start the recording, ask questions that come to mind. Is there a spirit person there? Can you make a noise if you are there? Can you say something to me? etc etc... see what happens.

Then take it back home with you (to kent maybe) and download, take a listen

:)

Take a few pics too... ask it to show itself or move something, show it in the pics... etc.

You never know...

Oh, by the way there is an app for a phone or ipad which has an EMF or ghost detector on it

Check out this thread, where Karen was talking about it:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=978&p=8120&hilit=emf+meter#p8120
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:21 pm

Just tried an emf detector on my ipad it registered around 55/65
I tried another one and that read the same
Although there are no instructions with these apps,so I don't know what those numbers mean
I'm trying this on the top floor of haystone
Will see what else is available
Roger

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences