People At The Window

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Re: People At The Window

Postby jerry1975 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi Tasha.

I can't see the photo as my silly phone maybe needs some kind of update.
I will look when i can get to a pc.

I find the research part of investigating very exciting as you find things out you maybe never knew before.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:22 pm

jerry1975 wrote:I find the research part of investigating very exciting as you find things out you maybe never knew before.

This is one of the very best bits - though it takes time and can be a real chore, it's sooooo rewarding when you find what you came up with on an investigation using EMF, EVP, knocks, lights or any other possible communication with a possible spirit or with the past, or just general perception and intuition turns out to be factual or based on fact. Or, you just turn up something you never knew or guessed at before. :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

Yea, it was a big shock to see what was in the photograph at the window, and exciting at the same time, for my mother and I anyway, my grandmother, I suspect did believe but denied there were such things as ghosts, but she was frightened of what she did not know, ever night she locked that bedroom door, I heard my mother once saying to her, “locking the door wont keep them in”, however they seemed confined to that area.

The occupants of the room were never discussed with me while living in the village, but I knew they were there just the same.

There is another photograph of the window, it was taken just after that one with me standing at the rose trellis, nothing appears to be in the window, I often wish the rose bush had not been there, details of the spirits would have been clearer, I could send the other photograph through too, give me a few days to find it, with moving here last year some things are still in boxes, including my photographs.

The windows now I think will be double glazed, I found out today the house had been up for sale again in 2013, I have missed out on viewing again, with us packing and sorting things out up north and getting ready to move last year I had not been keeping a check on the property, so the house was sold in 2007 and then again in 2013, I know there has been a few owners before that time too, I found the schedule of sale on line, my old house looks totally different now, were some photos of inside, and a plan of the property, one of the rooms has been made in to a lounge but the back bedroom is still there.

My husband and I, were discussing the people at the window today, he suggested sending the owners a letter asking them if they had experienced anything, but I would not know how to approach the subject, my husband does not believe, but at the same time he has threatened to come back and haunt me, I said go for it, he at least would be a believer then.

The occupants of the back bedroom did not seem to mean us any harm, with my grandfather cursing at them, would have given them an invitation to be menacing, but I rather think they were perhaps trying to make contact as best they could.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:44 pm

So that room in the picture, I guess is a different room to the one you say the activity was happening in, the one your grandma kept locked? Seems there were things going on in other parts of the house too, if so.

Yes, would be great to see the other photo too, especially if it was taken at the same time or just after, to compare. That's one good thing to do on the spot if ever an anomaly appears on film, to see if it always happens, due to coloration, lights or reflections and objects that may combine to produce such a figure-like image - you can then rule out normal causes. If you've got another pic taken right at the same time, and the anomaly doesn't occur again, it strengthens the "unexplained" aspect.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine,

The room in the picture was the only room in the house activity took place it, we called it the back bedroom and nana always locked that room door before bed, the room my grandparents slept in has been turned in to a lounge, it was not haunted, sorry if I have not explained properly.

However I do have a story which I will post soon about my grandparents bedroom, in relation to an incident which was put down to something supernatural, transpiring both outwith the house and possibly within.

I will hunt that other photo out and send it to you, it may take a few days, the spare room is full of boxes still and just a matter of finding the right one, will be nice to see all my photos again.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby jerry1975 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:24 pm

Hi Tasha.

I know what its like with boxes everywhere, our place
is the same as we moved just before christmas to the other
side of Scarborough.

The history of your old house is very intresting, as you say its
been modified over the years ( which is a shame as far as its not quite the same ),
It would be great to know if the spirits are still there.

Good luck with your research.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby Tasha O » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi jerry1975,

It would be very interesting to see if the ghosts were still there, but I would not know how to go about it, cant just come out with it, my best idea would be to go metal detecting I think and try and get an introduction to the people now staying in my house, or just wait until the house comes up for sale again and make a little tiny slip of the tongue comment, perhaps quietly saying to myself when in the back bedroom, 'they are here', owners might come out with some stories of their own then, that room will now be the master bedroom I think, the other bedroom was smaller and the one made in to a lounge was the largest bedroom of the three, if the new owners are sleeping in the back bedroom and the ghosts are still present they have probably had the bed covers pulled down a few times now.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:36 pm

Tasha as you're no longer living there, is it possible you could reveal the place, street, if not the number? (for the sake of those who own it now, not to.reveal the name or number odf the house; would hate someone to Google and find in here it has a haunted reputation they didn't want it known! Lol ), but if we had the street we could look at the general area ... and maybe research a bit too, if you are agreeing. :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine,

I have no objections as to disclosing the name of the village or location, but I will not mention the name of the property, out of respect for the owners, but it would be good if they were interested in the paranormal and joined the forum, realising the house we were talking about might be theirs, to compare paranormal incidents.

I have done a little more research on the land, I discovered not far away from where the village now stands, there was a little village called Glenhoul Village, during the times of the covenanters people took refuge there, when the power station was built and the river dammed, the remains of most of the village was submerged.

Nearby in the forestry, over the other side of the river, from where I suspect the village was, an old ruined house stood with stables, I think it was called Dundeugh Cottage, when I lived in the village I used to play there sometimes, every one referred to it as the haunted house, I looked for the ruins and the stables in 2000 but could not find them, the three stables were in use in the 1960’s by wood cutters or gypsies to keep the horses in, I was lucky enough to get a sit on the horses back one time.

During the times of the persecution people may have been murdered on the site of my village, trying to escape the covenanters, but of course it would not have been termed as murder during those killing times.

The village is called Kendoon, it lies at the meeting of the waters, the Water Deugh, which I think flows down from Loch Doon, then meets the Water Ken, where Kendoon, the village of the fourteen houses was built, then flows down to Loch Ken, the village is just off the Ayr road, A713.

Over the two suspension bridges and in to the woods to the right of the pathway lies the remains of Dundeugh Castle, I was always fascinated by the ruins when I was a child and used to visit the site quite often, on one of the sites I did some research on, there is a photograph of the ruins, I found out the castle was originally built in the 13th Centaury and was owned by McMillan’s I think, then rebuilt in the 17th Centaury and was owned by the Gordon’s, I feel as if I want to research more about the 13th Centaury ownership.

Incidentally, in the late 1890’s, or about that time, a murder took place a little distance down the Ayr road from the village at a place called Carsfad, a lady called Mary Timney, murdered Anne Hannah, thinking she was having an affair with her husband, she was the last woman to be hanged in Dumfries, the school bus went past Carsfad and I always looked towards the deserted cottages hoping I might see the ghost of Anne Hannah.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Lots of history there you have unturned already, sounds a really interesting place.

I just looked on Google maps, I think this must be it, is this the village on the bottom right of the picture?

Some great history there though. From the air, that looks like quite a channel from the one side to the other, a road or a bridge, or some sort of feature.

I can imagine right there by the water, where the village is located, there would have bound to be settlements or other human activity going back thousands of years, it's a natural place to settle with the water right there. Goodness knows what happened there, who lived there, the lives and adventures the people had, good and bad.

Of course, we have to realise in anything like this that a place haunted may or may not be caused by famous happenings there... it could be all the trouble and strife that has happened in a place, or a murder, or a battle, or anything like that.... or it could just as easily be a person who lived there who was quite mundane and just didn't move out. They didn't know they were dead, or some sort of domestic trauma was going on that was not even recorded.

Found this image of Dundeugh Castle, or what's left of its ruins.
Looks like quite a spooky and atmospheric place in itself!

One good place to look about anything in Britain, is this website, British History Online.

They give original records and you can go in and look at them. I put in Dundeugh Castle and came up with something, though there's an actually book that mentions it, they give a sample, but in this case they want a subscription to view the whole thing (some records are available free, others via subscription).

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/search?query=dundeugh
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences