People At The Window

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Re: People At The Window

Postby Tasha O » Fri May 01, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine,

I'm not sure how many miles up the way from my village Woodhead was, but it was very possible the lead was transported down through the area where I lived, it is not too far up the way, possibly around five miles, depending on the rout taken.

The links you have given me are very informative and I am enjoying the reading.

Thanking You again

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri May 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Well, it's always interesting to research things. It may be totally wrong, an assumption, May be too far from the mines, but as you are right on the loch and rivers it would make sense it was navigated - probably going back for centuries or millennia.

Where I am, the industrial landscape doesn't just stay isolated to a village or town, but the much larger area is involved, used, - canals, railway lines, mines etc all connected. Would make sense if it were similarly set up there.
I notice there is a heritage museum, you may find out a lot more there, maybe connecting your little village, even photos of this Colonel or other of his type.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Sat May 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine,

it is very possible the area where my village was built did see some passage of the lead, I go back to the area occasionally for a little look about and will go and have a look round the museum in Carsphairn, 2009 was the last time.

One of the links you gave me is very interesting, and led me to a book on the covenanters in the area where I was brought up and the area I stay in now and got engrossed in it, it is so very interesting, somewhere in the book their may be reference to the old village of Glenhoul, I will read on.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GII-Team » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:00 pm

Hey,

Brilliant picture, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

we have had a good look at the photo, and our analysis of this is paredollia but very good some of the best we have seen to the point of our minds being able to see eyebrows,eyes,arms,face,chin.

you can see in the window a tree branch in the middle of the window from the outside and this figure is in the same place in the window makes it look like its inside the building but its lighting and reflection placing the image inside.

Leaves,branches create this image and the whole tree are what is creating the shape, branch outside making chin nose and eyebrows , can see green leaves on the face. our own information create it as a figure in our minds, but physically there is no figure that we personally think.

we hope you don't mind our opinion of the picture...we look forward to more.
GII-Team

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 pm

Pretty good analysis there GII. I reckon so too. :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby GII-Team » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:06 pm

GhostInTheMachine wrote:Pretty good analysis there GII. I reckon so too. :)

Thanks Alison, That was Kelly she is in charge of all things visual for us, I stick to the audio :)
GII-Team

Postby Tasha O » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi GII-Team,

Thanks for your analyses, I read it while up north, sorry I have not got back to you yet but now I'm back home I will write a proper reply, got some little questions to ask.

Take Care

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby Hinny » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:24 am

Very interesting story and thread. The analysis, while impressive, is also almost disappointing! However, it's interesting to note that the picture was taken after the strange experiences that Tasha has discussed so it would still be interesting to find out if later residents had experienced anything unexplained.

Aside from being a historically fascinating area it's also interesting that the village lies in an area with a great deal of water movement around it, which can lead to all sorts of strange goings on that are difficult if not impossible to explain as yet. Maybe other houses in the village are also affected?

Without wishing to make any kind of racial comment and being an original Scot myself, the Scottish folk from even the last generation tended to be very superstitious, but were also little too dour to talk about anything untoward, even amongst their nearest and dearest, so stories may be hard to come by.
Hinny

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:25 am

Yes, a good point about the water, if there are streams and various things affecting the area.

It does seem like there has been quite a lot of activity in the area too.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi Hinny, GhostInTheMachine,

Good point about the water, there certainly was plenty around the village.

I'm not sure if there was any activity in any of the other houses, just next door to us, I played with the other children in the village and they never mentioned any supernatural activity in their houses, we were always telling each other ghost stories, but made up ones about the old haunted house in the woods, I think if there had been activity, we would have been sharing experiences, the occupants of the back bedroom were never discussed with me while at the village but I knew they were there, as did the three boys I played hide and seek with in the dark in our back bedroom, if their house had been haunted I rather think they would have said, especially after this experience.

It is very possible some of the other residents did experience something, those without children, I wouldn't get to hear of any activity they had, also, I wonder which route the headless horseman took when riding through the village, who's houses did he charge through.

Tasha O
Tasha O

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences