Ever since July...

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Ever since July...

Postby WestMids44 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:42 am

Hi Everyone.

I thought I would finally get around to posting about the few odd things that Have been going on in my place since last July.I have,and always will be a skeptic but,hey,I guess somethings are just beyond what I can reasonable come up with and explanation for.From reading a lot of posts on here over the last week it seems that this might not be the most exciting tale you'll ever hear but,here goes.I'll take it from the top (as they say)..

As you can guess from my name here I'm from the West Midlands (specifically Birmingham) and have lived around this area all my life.However,through chance and good fortune I met a girl from Yorkshire and we hit it off straight away.It became impratical for the both of us to travel to and from there every weekend (not to mention expensive) and we wanted to live together anyway so she's now an honorary Brummie.And this is where the trouble started.

This all began last July.My mate and I had to hire a van,drive up North,pick up the contents of her flat,drive them back,store them in my other mates garage and she followed down a couple of days later.Easy job.Got back to Brum ,unloaded the van,chatted with Mark whose garage we were using for a bit and then Bob drove me back to mine (only a ten minute trip),dropped me off and then he went round the corner to his for a bit of shut-eye as it had been a long day.Now,I picked up a bag containing one of those 3D cardboard puzzles as I had forgotten to pop it with her other stuff,unlocked my front door,went upstairs and plonked the bag on the bed.From the second I got in I had a really uneasy feeling.There was a hugely annoying noise coming from outside (don't worry as it was only next doors pond pump making a racket).Thinking for a second,I thought it would be a daft idea to try and record the noise it was making using the voice recorder on my phone and send it over to Bob.Now,my phone is only a cheap £59.99 LG that I got from Argos a couple of years ago so it's not exactly brilliant.I leant on my windowledge and held the phone just outside my window in order to capture this cacophony.However,it didn't really come out at all well so I thought I'd give it one more go.Now,I wish I hadn't had done that.When I hit play I've never felt fear like it.A few seconds in a not exactly pleasant female voice came out-and I don't mean quietly either.It sounded as if it was right next to my phone.I went as white as a sheet,dropped the phone and really didn't like what I'd heard.I gathered my thoughts for a second but I really didn't wan't to be in my house that night alone so,I phoned Bob.At the first attempt it just rang out so I tried again and got through.I'd only been home for about ten minutes.I was rather scared and agitated to say the least.I shot down the stairs,out the door and pretty much legged it the 400 yards or so to his.When I got there I played it to him as well but he said something had happened to him too.Now,I can't possibly verify what someone claims to have seen/experienced but he said that he parked the van outside his house and was checking it was all locked up and saw what he describes as a 'cone of blue light' emanating from beneath the front seat which lasted a few seconds then slowly faded away.Must have been a footwell courtesy light.Well,we went outside and had a look.We were opening and closing the van door and nothing came on.We got a good torch and started looking to see if there was some kind of light under there.There wasn't.Whatever that was,neither of us know.Come daylight I eventually went home after calling down but I had a rather uneasy sleep that didn't last long and couldn't nod off.

A couple of day's later,my girl caught the train down and moved in for good.Again,I can only relay what she told me.I went to work and she was enjoying her first day in her new home.She was watching the telly in our bedroom and fancied a snack.She went downstairs and tidied her shoes as she didn't want to trip over them,grabbed something from the fridge,and went to go back upstairs.She immediately noticed her shoes were not in the position that she had left them.The left had been turned 90 degrees to the other and was upside down (the shoes are rather important to this tale so read on).Halfway up the stairs she's adamant that right behind her she heard her voice being called very clearly three times.

Nothing happened after that until about six weeks later.I came home from work and she was resting up after breaking her leg in a fall (she's still recovering from it) I unlocked my door and right in the middle of my hallway were her shoes.Although the one wasn't upturned as she claimed it was before,they weren't in the same place as she'd left them the one was still in the same 90 degree orientation.I know for a fact they weren't in the middle of our hallway when I left for work that morning.She swears blind she didn't touch them either.This happens on a regular basis.I've even tried hiding them but the same thing happens.

Just before Christmas,myself,my fiancee and Bob (yes,him again) thought we'd go for a spot of tea at our local).We were used to he shoes being found like that every few weeks by now (I actually take a picture of them when it happens so I have a date and time stamp).I made a point of putting them well out of the way and we went out.Bear in mind the house was empty and there was nobody there whilst we were having a bite to eat.We came back at a shade before 10pm.Right in the middle of the hallway were her shoes again in the exact orientation.We found that a little weird in itself because there's no way anyone could have moved them.Bob was still within range so I shouted down the road so he could see for himself.She made her way upstairs (slowly due to her knackered leg) and she called down 'Why is our bedroom door wide open?' Now,I never leave the bedroom door open and never have.It was shut properly when we went out.I went up to have a look and it was wedged so wide open (it's a bit stiff) it was hard to close.Bear in mind that it was December and I wanted to keep the warmth in.I grabbed my camera from the side because I had to get a picture of her shoes (yet again).Went down,got the shot and as I got halfway up the stairs I hear a click of the switch behind me and the lights went out.Blown fuse perhaps? No,because I got to the top of the stairs,flicked the switch there and they came back on.To be honest that was a bit too freaky for me.

Other things have happened.In no particular order..

One Saturday afternoon I was twiddling around on my guitar and she was watching the afternoon football results (she follows the game and I don't) when I felt a hot and very definite breath on my face.

Odd noises are commonplace.We've heard knocking sounds coming from behind the skirting boards and general sounds of movement in the house

The other week we both heard a very peculiar sound coming from outside.The only way we could describe it was like a small crowd groaning and moaning but as soon as I opened the window to see where it was coming from it faded away quickly shortly followed for 20 seconds of knocking under our bedroom window.We don't live in a bungalow.

I have felt as if someone is touching my hair.

I can put something down and not find it a few seconds later only to find it somewhere I know it shouldn't.It's almost like someone's having a laugh

We have both seen shadows flitting around the room both day and night and the only way I can explain them is that they're not shadows on the wall or whatever.

But the weirdest was only a few weeks ago I briefly saw something behind our headboard.Very hard to describe but imagine the distortion caused by rising hot air but with a definite shape and size.That lasted 5 seconds or so and suddenly disappeared.I had seen something identical at work earlier that day only in our room we both saw it.Very,very,strange.

After I got over the well,terror,of that recording I accidentally made that night I though it would warrant more investigation because 1.I'm eternally curious and,2.I wanted to see if it could be repeated so,I bought a little digital recorder and I have caught so many things on it.I have captured some incredible things and some,quite frankly,I'd rather not hear.Also,as an experiment I've even tried recordings in other places as well and I nearly always get something or other.

I'm not sure how to post pictures I've taken here but if anyone would like to to see them or hear any of the things I've recorded I can very easily send anyone the original files.

There's no bad feeling in our house but then again we're not keen either.

Oh and about minutes ago whilst I was writing this there were some noises coming from downstairs again!

I know it's probably not the most riveting story ever told but it's curious to say the least.

Barry

EDIT :

HERE IS BARRY'S AUDIO FILE THAT HE MENTIONS ABOVE, PLEASE CLICK LINK TO HEAR HIS RECORDING

https://clyp.it/search?type=hashtag&que ... mFromBarry

And some photos:

WestMids44

Re: Ever since July...

Postby Spirit Bear » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:01 am

Very curious story, Barry. I'm not sure what to make of it. I would like to know one thing-was there any kind of activity in the house before your partner moved in? My first surmise would be that a poltergeist entity came along with your partner's belongings, but poltergeists don't move from a location, and they don't attach themselves to objects, but people. The business with the shoes is very odd-there must be some significance to that right angles stuff happening time and again with no variation.

If you need help getting those photos posted on here, contact GhostinTheMachine, our Admin, she knows a lot about that and can show you how to do it. I would like to see them myself! Anyway, keep us posted, as long as stuff is happening in that house.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby WestMids44 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:04 am

Hi.

No.I have never had a problem here at all until that day.Neither of us could figure out why these things started but I did mention that the only thing that immediately came into my house that night was that puzzle.She happened to say it was a present from an old ex of hers who's been gone for many years.I doubt if that's the cause but otherwise we can't come up with an explanation either.Sometimes weeks go by with nothing happening then allsorts goes on.

Barry
WestMids44

Postby Spirit Bear » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:20 am

It might be a good idea to get rid of that puzzle, or at least get it out of the living area of the house. Just to be on the safe side.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Tasha O » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Might be a good idea to remove the puzzle for a time just to see, no harm in trying it, but seems someone has either followed or has been disturbed, the shoes being placed in the orientation is intriguing too, wonder if there is a connection with them in some way, would love to see the photos, also would love to hear the recordings, sounds so very interesting.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby Tasha O » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:33 pm

You mentioned your girlfriend had a broken leg, did it have anything to do with the shoes, was the orientation of one shoe the leg she broke ?

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:33 pm

What a brilliant, well written account of experiences you have written , fascinating.
Thank you for writing it all up.
I suppose it depends if it's bothering you enough to want to get rid of it, and hence to try removing the puzzle.
It sounds like one of two things happened: the phenomena is either connected to your girlfriend, or to an item or items brought in the move. Sometimes there have been accounts of items with a history being "haunted" themself or bringing on a haunting, perhaps due to where they were, who owned them, or if they were around when an incident occurred.
One question I would ask is did your girlfriend experience anything like this where she lived beforehand? And if not, did she have all the same stuff around her then, or did she bring into your house something she newly acquired?
Personally, I would investigate it more, tr taking out individual things and see if there is a change.
Maybe start with those shoes :)

I don't call this poltergeist phenomena, more a a haunting phenomeon. Poltergeist activity is different: random, crazy, things flung around....and very short lived, usually disperses after a month or so.

Ps yeah sure if you email pics to me I will Ptolemy them on for you , or you can put them on using Photobucket :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby WestMids44 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:12 pm

She broke her leg by slipping over in a shop doorway in September so that was a couple of months later.She also told me that a few things happened to her after her ex died.The puzzle is still in a bag stuffed in the top of the wardrobe.I dis suggest we got rid of it but she wasn't having any of that as its the only thing of his she still has.Besides,might be more fun to keep it there! Like I said,there's no bad feelings around the place but sometimes there is.

We are away until Monday so ill pop some pictures and anything else I have when we get home .

Barry.
WestMids44

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:59 pm

No problem Barry, when you get back.
From what you said just there, I'd be inclined to think this may be her deceased ex hanging around.....possibly he followed her, could be jealous of you, stil protective or whatever..
You said you felt negativity the first day she arrived with the stuff, spooked out of the house, I wonder if she experienced negativity at all, or just you?
Try putting the voice recorder on record, maybe stand it next to the puzzle, and or shoes, and ask it some Qs - maybe try mentioning his name? Or get her to? ... just an idea, would be interesting t see if you get anywhere.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby WestMids44 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi.

Thankfully we're back at home now so,at last,I can type a message properly.I do apologise for the iffy grammar and words being in the wrong place but for some reason the text editor tends to do that in my Mac and I had to copy and paste it over as I didn't want to spend an age typing it all out again.Equally,not so great on my phone either.

Anyway,we got back around 10.45 last night and all was well (for a change).Nothing to report (fortunately?/unfortunately?) this time!

Barry
WestMids44

Next

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences