Ever since July...

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Re: Ever since July...

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Westmids44 sent it to me with the story about it, but didn't say to post it to the forum so don't want to take the liberty just yet and I would rather he did himself.

I'm sure he will be along though :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine,

Respect that, just hope WestMids44 does post it when he is ready, or gives you the go ahead, looking forward to reading the post when it comes.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby WestMids44 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:25 am

Hi Everyone.

I'll cut and paste the email I sent to the Mod here to save me the trouble of typing it all out again.Here goes..

I hope you don't mind but here's something else I managed to capture..but at work,so,I'll have to explain a few things first.

I work for a printing company built on the vast old Fort Dunlop site here in Birmingham.The building has 4 floors but on 3rd and 4th it's common for weird things to happen.Before you listen to the attached file which I caught just before Xmas on a rubbishy £10.49 digital recorder I picked up off Ebay (I've got something much better now),I'd better explain a few things.

I'd bought something to record with just as an experiment because I wanted to see if I could capture anything else (which I thought very unlikely) and just after lunch-at about 12.30ish one Friday I had to go to 3rd floor.The top two floors have extremely restricted access-especially third as that's where all our plant rooms are (Compressor/water treatment/LLV's 2&3/MCC/boilers etc) and generally the only people allowed up there (we have passes to scan through to certain parts of the site) are security when they do their rounds,myself,my gaffer and a couple of engineers now and again.I zapped through what we call the southside gantry and into the corridor and for something to do recorded for a few seconds.It wasn't a very good day so in the recording you'll hear a lot of noise coming from the rain above (4th floor is mainly another gantry with AHU's and chiller units on it) and a racket coming from the air compressors.

Interestingly,we only have two women at our place.One is a 75 year old secretary who works part time and the other is our H&S sec and neither of them can gain access there.Now,the really interesting thing is the name you'll hear (3 times although only the first is clear) is the same name as my Fiancee but it's such a common name it could be absolutely anyone.I'll just send it in wav format as that's just as the machine did.Straight out of the machine and nothing else at all.And,no,there was absolutely nobody else up there and I heard nothing at all apart from just the noises going on around me.

I really hope you don't mind me sending it to you but it's just so amazingly interesting.

Thanks again,

Barry.

https://soundcloud.com/lizlen-1/vickiewav
WestMids44

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:26 am

Interesting, but I'd have to say inconclusive. I can hear the female voice, but it is so low I can't make out what it is saying.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:58 am

Does sound like "Vicky" to me, like a female voice. But I have to add that I suspect it could be something mechanical, some sort of physical mechanism or grinding/vibration or electrical etc coincidentally then sounding like a name. There are often obscure background noises in work places, possibly fans or the heating or AC systems or whatever that aren't usually noticed by people but are picked up in such recordings from background noise.

But, ... it is very odd indeed that this should wind up sounding like the same name as your partner! That could be explained as an audio brand of pareidoila for you, the mind automatically seeking meaning in such things. Personally, I think an awful lot of such assumed EVP recordings can be explained as this. But it doesn't totally explain someone unconnected to it, such as myself, hearing the same name.

By the way, if you find it difficult to make out, try using earphones, it's easier to hear.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi WestMids44,

I can make out the name Vickie, but very low, could only hear the name one time, but I agree it is a coincidence its the same name as your girlfriend.

Very spooky

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby martin1985 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:11 pm

think i heard the voice twice but the 2nd is very low but don't know if it was saying Vicky or Stacey
martin1985

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 am

Just had another listen to that 2nd recording, and I can now hear "Vicky" quite clearly at the 0.02 mark. Sound quality is much improved since my first try at listening to it.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby ProtonPack » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:56 pm

It does sound as if someone says Vicky, but I'm not sure as to whether that's just because people had already mentioned that prior to my listening to it. However I do agree that it's also very possible it was just a mechanical noise that we've misheard as a name (an aural pareidolia).

Barry, has anything else happened to you at work? Did you have the recorder with you with the intention of recording in work or was it just a coincidence that you were trying the new bit of kit out and caught something inadvertently?
ProtonPack

Postby WestMids44 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:01 am

Hi All.A quick update.

I haven't posted here in a while because,well,things went a bit quiet.Apart from a few peculiar inexplicable noises nothing of note had happened but over the last couple of months things have.In no particular order..

One Saturday morning a few weeks ago,I was just sending out a few emails and generally catching up on stuff whilst Vickie was still asleep somebody/something tried to open our bedroom door.It was a calm autumn day outside and no windows were open so it certainly wasn't due to wind.Something on the other side was deliberately trying to get in and we were the only ones at home.

I was sitting downstairs on my own in our house (this time it was a sunday) doing some work on the computer.For over an hour I could very clearly hear someone coming down the stairs slowly and going back up again but everytime I went to look it would stop and start again within a minute or two the second I sat down.

Last week I was alone at home late one night and I heard a soft tapping at the kitchen window (I was upstairs).Wondering what it was and didn't fancy the idea of burglars on my property I had to investigate.Obviously,there was nothing there but then it suddenly happened again at the front of our house.My gate is always locked and bolted.How whoever was doing it managed to get from the back to the front without making any sound whatsoever is a mystery.Probably explainable but can't think of an explanation.

What else? Oh yes..

The shoes (mine this time) have been moved in exactly the same way as before.Also,only last Tuesday I'd had a day off work due to a ghastly cold I'd picked up.I was sitting watching the weather after the BBC lunchtime news and as clear as day in my right ear I heard a loud whisper say 'You will change' in a very clear female voice.No idea about that either.

Whatever is still going on doesn't freak me out anymore and it certainly doesn't feel bad in any sense.Just makes me jump sometimes or makes me wonder.I just wish I had an explanation!

Barry.
WestMids44

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences