The Haunted House Where My Parents Stayed

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Re: The Haunted House Where My Parents Stayed

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon May 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Lol Jerry, like minds think alike :-D

GhostInTheMachine wrote:If you went there and know the general area, maybe you could remember by looking on Google maps, street view?
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Mon May 11, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi jerry1975, GhostInTheMachine,

I took a look on Google Maps, the name Taylor Street is very familiar, I took a look at the street but with not having ever been there, nothing to me looked familiar, I did not really get a description of the property from my mum.

It is not as close to the harbour area as I thought it would be, but I'm positive it is the right street.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby jerry1975 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Hi,

I forgot you posted that Ghostinthemachine lol.

Tasha:

It's a shame you don't know what the building was like, I wonder if there is anything in any old newspapers about a young girl who died associated with the area or if you typed the name of the street and the death of the child into google if anything turns up ( long shot but you never know).

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby Tasha O » Mon May 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi jerry1975,

It is a long shot, but I could try all the same and see if anything comes up, but I'm not sure what decade I would be searching for, the house may even have been demolished and something else now standing in its place, but no harm in trying.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon May 11, 2015 11:15 pm

Don't suppose you have any other family members who'd remember?
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Mon May 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine,

Sorry no, was only my mum, dad and grandparents, they are all gone now, but I will ask my daughter tomorrow, it might have been my mother said something to her about it over the years.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby jerry1975 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi Tasha,

Hopefully your daughter may know something about it, researching is one of my favourite things to do with a haunting, it's amazing what you can find out but it can be very tedious and frustrating, but when you do find something out it's very rewarding.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby Tasha O » Tue May 12, 2015 10:22 pm

Hi

Sadly my daughter could not remember anything, she could remember my mum telling her about it, but nothing more unfortunately.

I have not had much time today to research anything on this story, was doing some other research and no satisfaction there either, but when I can I will see if I can find out anything, its a long shot, but I will try.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue May 12, 2015 10:28 pm

researching is one of my favourite things to do with a haunting, it's amazing what you can find out but it can be very tedious and frustrating, but when you do find something out it's very rewarding.

Jerry.

I absolutely agree, it's always so fascinating and satisfying when you come up trumps and find out what you perceived or got on equipment bears out and happened!

But no matter if you can't find out about this one, it's a long time ago and based on those people's memories, not so easy. You will find it easier to research your village I reckon.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Tue May 12, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi

Yes, it might be very difficult now trying to find anything out, I will give it a try, but I am exhausted tonight trying to research something else, no satisfactory results there either, but when my tired old brain recovers I will tackle Taylor Street.

Tasha O
Tasha O

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences