Ghost in care home

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Ghost in care home

Postby martin1985 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:14 am

Hi, My Girlfriend works in a care home in Morpeth called Riverside House. She only started working there a few months ago and has now seen what she believes to be a ghost.

Recently one afternoon she was in one of the corridors doing some cleaning, at one point in the corner of her eye she could see a man standing at a door way wearing a red jumper and dark blue pants. She thought it was one of the residents, as she looked the man was gone!, she also went and looked into the room where the figure was standing but it was empty!

Lots of her fellow staff members have said there are a lot of strange things happening in the care home, one member of staff have been pushed when nobody was around!. My girlfriend's sister also works there and she told me that the care home used to be a hotel, council offices and now a care home (I have not looked for info to see if it is true that it was a hotel)
martin1985

Re: Ghost in care home

Postby ThatZealousOne » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Interesting. A lot of people going through that place, and people die in care homes too. Seems like the ideal place for a ghostly haunting. Granted, all of these experiences can be explained away. Still, could be a possible haunted location. Would need more details of these events to say for sure.
ThatZealousOne

Postby martin1985 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:02 pm

yeah loads of people would have died in that building, of course there could been natural explanation for maybe most things that happen there!, i believe there is paranormal things happening in that place
martin1985

Postby ThatZealousOne » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Just had a look at the building in street view. Looks a bit old and dare I say a tiny bit run down. At first I didn't even realise what I was looking at. Interesting.

Of note is the river right next to the house. Water sometimes is a catalyst for hauntings, apparently. Would be interesting to know if there is any specific history about the place, trauma or violence about it. I'm of course speculating. Without an investigation, can't jump to any conclusions. For now I have to say it's probably just a regular care home in need of a lick of paint.

On a tangent... social care needs more funding...
ThatZealousOne

Postby Fenner76 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Interesting report. Sadly but realistically, such places are the end of the line for some people and it's entirely possible that the place could hold energies and it could be haunted. Again, if it's near a river, that could add to the energy as well?

It would be worth checking out the frequency of staff/residents noticing strange occurences and also checking the land's history before anything was built there. If there are anymore things happen, and if your girlfriend witnesses anything else, please let us know!
"You can't hunt what doesn't exist Mr Mallory..."
"Well that's just it. We think we have one that does".
Fenner76

Postby Roger » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:58 pm

excuse my ignorance but what effect may a river have
ive never heard of that
Roger

Postby martin1985 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Yes the building is near a river hence the name lol, does that make any difference ?
martin1985

Postby ThatZealousOne » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:09 am

Energy.

It's just a theory, but the presence of flowing water is said to amplify spirit activity. My guess is they can draw on the kinetic energy of the flowing water, sort of like a tidal barrage, or a turbine. There's no scientific basis for it like a lot of things paranormal, and I wonder if it's even true or something somebody made up. But it is a running theory.

That said, places with a high amount of spirit activity tend to be close to flowing water. Especially fast flowing water.

For example, if you have a house which has an underground river going through it, you will get more ghostly phenomena close to the underground river than in other parts of the house.

Could just be coincidence of course, I have no idea if there is a strong correlation or not.
ThatZealousOne

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:25 pm

I agree with TZO on the energies of water, especially as a conduit for spirit activity. I also don't understand the correlation between the two, but it stands to reason that if great energies can be released into the fabric of a structure(the stone tape theory)why couldn't water also absorb and hold such energies?
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences