Calling all budding storytellers!

About the podcast at our sister site www.ghostpod.co.uk where you can listen to ghost stories. Discuss this month's stories, contact the podcaster, share your ghost stories You can also write your own stories in this part of this forum.

Re: Calling all budding storytellers!

Postby Chatelaine » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:13 pm

It would be great to have another story from you our Chris x :ymparty:
Chatelaine

Postby PinkFrenchFancy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:09 pm

I've recently bought a book on haunted Halifax.... Is their any rules about n reading stories from a book (recording them) like is their any issues with copyright? I could reword bits into my own kind of talk and tell them in my own way...
PinkFrenchFancy

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi Chris,
Yeah, there are issues with it, you would have to get permission and also mention them and the book in the reading. We did this for the Aiden Chambers stories and for the Fortean Times "It happened to me" stories which are published in books, they gave us written approval which we were really grateful for and in turn we tell listeners the source. We wanted to read out some Haunted Liverpool stories by Tom Slemen, and some other true stories published about haunted air force bases, but the owners wouldn't approve it.

The best way to do it is just take a given story that is part of local folklore anyway, people know about it so it's not exclusive to one publisher, and write down your version, and read that. Or as you were told it or heard it.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby PinkFrenchFancy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:20 pm

I'll do that then! I'll take the ones i like, write them in my own words and record a reading of it in my own words :smile: just didnt want to land myself or anyone else in any trouble!
PinkFrenchFancy

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:46 pm

Yeah, that's the best way! As long as the story itself is in the public domain, as it will be with real stories rather than fiction, you'll be alright. :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Tue May 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Evening all :smile: I hope those of you who have enjoyed the latest podcast enjoyed it. I just managed to finish my recordings before my cold kicked in and wrecked my voice, so sorry if I sound a bit breathless on there.

Anyway, I need your help everyone! Our reserve of stories is dwindling and I could do with some new ones for the next podcast. We have included a 155 stories in total in our podcasts which have been predominantly sent in by our friends and listeners. You don't have to record your stories, just pop them into an email and send to me at ghostpod@hushmail.com Copy and paste one of your stories from this forum if you are ok with me reading the story in the podcast.

Thanks everyone, Jane x
Chatelaine

Previous

Return to About The Ghostpod Podcast - Share your true ghost stories here