Another fake medium caught

Discuss the phenomena of ESP, Out Of The Body Experiences (OOBs), mind reading & telepathy, talking with the dead & mediumship, spiritual healing. Did it happen to you, & do you believe it?

Another fake medium caught

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:28 pm

From the NY Post, 10/7/17: "A self-proclaimed Florida psychic who charged an elderly woman more than 3.5 million for exorcisms and "spiritual cleansing" has pleaded guilty to evading taxes, authorities said. Sally Ann Johnson, 41, scored the big bucks between 2007 and 2014 by promising to rid the wealthy Massachusetts woman of demons."

I really can't find any sympathy for the victim here. Just another rich airhead showing incredible gullability, falling for that con job. This reminds me of Mary Lincoln, wife of the murdered President, who threw away most of her money to phony mediums, trying to contact her late husband. Her son, Robert, was forced to have her committed to stop her from losing all her money to the charlatans. But sadly, the PN world is riddled with these heartless vermin, scamming grieving and naïve people who only seek closure to their pain.
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Re: Another fake scammer caught

Postby Scaramouche » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:11 pm

It pains me to read of these reports - especially when significant amounts of money have been exchanged - for it is not usually the extremely wealthy who suffer, but rather those who part with (what amounts to) their life savings :sad: . Why can't they reason that they should be expected to be charged a nominal fee at most - if a fee is to be charged at all? There are so many bona fide 'working' psychics around today that those who seek support should have no trouble in finding a reputable one somewhere in or near to their locale. The amounts of money being shelled out by these clients sometimes beggars belief. :shock:
I can describe myself in five words. Intelligent, handsome, debonair, witty - NOT!!
Scaramouche

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:19 pm

It's disreputable characters like Johnson who make it so hard for those of us who do legitimate para-normal work. We are all tarred with the same brush-that we are fakes, we are only in it for the money,etc.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:01 am

Scaramouche wrote:Why can't they reason that they should be expected to be charged a nominal fee at most - if a fee is to be charged at all? There are so many bona fide 'working' psychics around today that those who seek support should have no trouble in finding a reputable one somewhere in or near to their locale. The amounts of money being shelled out by these clients sometimes beggars belief. :shock:

I have to agree with you Scaramouche.

Many years ago I was a Spritualist, training to be a medium for a while (MANY years ago! :shock: )
My experience is that the vast majority of them, all the ones I knew, were of good heart and genuinely felt they were doing the job and trying hard. I'd say I met about 100 at least, and of those several were extremely impressive, I have to say. The vast majority of the rest were pretty mediocre or poor, cold reading without even knowing they were doing so (again, honest, but fooling themselves, OR getting some results and doing a bit of cold reading too), and I don't know if they were really "contacting the dead" or not, or just looking at pictures in their own minds and interpreting these rather like a reader of tea leaves.
However, the point is they were doing it for spiritual and religious reasons, they believed. Even if they were not actually competent, or were.

The ones making big money, especially the ones with the 0900 phone numbers you see in the back of cheap newspapers, ... these are the ones who give all the others a bad name, and they ruin the whole show.
BUT they are patently obvious, and I have to agree that only a fool would go to them.

As to the others, well, if they are frauds then they have fooled themselves first, they are just believers.

And the handful with genuine ability are the ones that keep the whole world hoping and impress enough so the rest feed off it, or try to emulate them.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Return to Mediumship, psychic experiences & abilities, prediction, ESP & telepathy