THE CHAIR

This is a sub forum where you can write your ghost stories for other members to read. You can later submit these to the Ghostpod for publication if you wish

Re: THE CHAIR

Postby Roger » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:14 pm

Forgot to add to that
My mum said she was attacked three times while the chair was in the house twice with the feeling of hands around her throat
And once she awoke to find the cross and chain she was wearing
Had been twisted around and around and was choking her
(My dad bought her the cross and chain because of the old pin cushion my mum bought at a boot fair)
My mum has always said she feels vibrations from old objects and it's not a feeling she likes
The first night the chair was in the house,she said it wasn't the feeling of being choked that awoke her it was the rustling noise next to the bed,the rustling noise happened on each occasion
She said she immediately new it was the chair
However on the occasions that I was attacked,I don't recall any noises other than the dearth vader breathing very slow and rhythmic
And the temperature in my bedroom being very cold
Not sure if I mentioned the morse code in my bedroom,will check my posts
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:49 pm

definitely something attached to that chair, not just residual either in my view...

What you mum said about stuff stuck to objects, vibrations as she calls it, is why I often don't like old antiques and antique shops... I'd rather get a replica of something that looks old, but isn't. Clean, not contaminated by the negative emotions and experiences of past owners. You could say houses are the same ... old ones have stuff attached to them in the same way, and hence many haunting phenomena. The residual stuff.

The chair seems like something a bit more than that. Would be good to know its history.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Hey, Roger, sounds like it's long past time that chair was removed from the premises. Letting it stay there will only increase it's hold and power to harm.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:07 pm

It was removed ages ago Tom, by Roger's dad - have to read the whole story :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Quite right, Al, went back and saw that part, but I wonder if a piece of furniture, even if removed, can leave an aura of evil and malignancy behind, a stone tape incident, or in this case a wood tape? LOL
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Hmm, don't know, not heard that (I know the "Haunted Collector" would think it wouldn't linger which is why he takes stuff away - though I think he's bagging a lot of zaney artifacts and antiques for his museum too, for free) .... as far as I know in this case Roger said the stuff stopped when it was moved.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:54 pm

Just a thought
The chair belonged to a guy that flew lancasters and probably dropped bombs on Germany
The chair ended up in a house built on a site where bombs were dropped by the lufftwaffe
And had destroyed a number of houses
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:54 am

That's an odd coincidence, mix of Cause and Effect.

Just to let you know, we almost.finished the next Ghostpod show, then weren't happy when listening back, so we're recording again, sorry for.long delay everyone. :oops: bmp
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:14 am

I used the phrase demonic like figure in this story because I have had a lot of encounters with dead people that are usually described as ghosts,spirits ect ect
Ghosts that I have encountered have never given of a sense of dread or terror
Most ghosts or spirits I have encountered Will give off some sort of feelings that switch you on to the fact that something different is going on here,we seem,or some of us seem to have an inbuilt switch that turns on some sort of frequency register inside us
When strange things happen some of us seem to recognize the fact and some of us do not
Maybe those that do not see ghosts,may be tuned into different spectrums of different dimensions and just don't realise
some people just seem to use other peoples experiences to talk about the paranormal
And then rubbish and belittle any part of any story they feel fit

the term demon was used by me ,as the thing I encountered in no way resembled anything I had experienced before
By the form that it took or the overwhelming feeling of malevolence it gave off
What would you call it
A naughty spirit a fairy........
For me it's ok ,if you haven't had the experience ,then you will never understand
So am I delusional to describe the thing I saw as a demonic prescence
Maybe,but maybe comments like that aren't really suited to this site
Maybe I made a mistake sharing the story here
It happened to me.
Roger

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:43 pm

You made no mistake sharing this story, Roger, this is the kind of stuff we love to read about!

I personally don't believe in demons or dark entities, but I really can't think what this being could be. It is not a poltergeist or an elemental, because if what I've read about such entities is true, they were never human so they could not assume human form. Besides, polts are very destructive, and there was none of the usual activity associated with them.

I am leaning towards a stone tape episode here. You said the man who used to own the chair was a crewman on a bomber during WWII. It is possible that the thought of dropping bombs on a target, with the resulting death and destruction, could have stayed on in this man's mind to the end of his life. Add to the fact that the street where he had lived had also experienced death from the Blitz, and you have a lot of spirits taken from the physical plane in a sudden and traumatic way, who are afraid, lost, even angry at what happened to them. It is possible one, or more, of these sad victims, has stayed on to vent its rage. The chair is the focus, or the contact point, because that was the man's favorite chair to sit on in life, so it would absorb the greatest part of this man's emotions, thinking about his war-time memories.
Spirit Bear

PreviousNext

Return to Share Your True Ghost Stories Here