THE CHAIR

This is a sub forum where you can write your ghost stories for other members to read. You can later submit these to the Ghostpod for publication if you wish

Re: THE CHAIR

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:39 pm

IMO demon is just a useful term.... it describes a malevolent entity or being, or spirit that is destructive. So I can take it, I think that's what Roger probably was referring to.

As for the traditional idea of a demon... personally I believe in good and bad spirits, weak and powerful ones, and all in between. And spirits/ ghosts mock themselves up in all manner of ways... so to that degree anything can exist IMO.
If the term fits, it's useful.

I don't personally believe in the old classical or medieval/biblical idea of a red demon in hell with forked tail, as I don't think hell is a place but a state of being, ... but hey, I could be wrong and there could be, or things like them. And I have no problem with those who do believe in them just like that either... who knows! Some folk who have seriously practiced astral travelling report on lower, debased spirit realms and planes where all manner of nasty spiritual entities and folk reside on their own wavelength....
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:56 pm

It's funny you know
How many people over the years have written about the pn
Have seen stuff
And how long perhaps since records began ,that it's been known about
But we still can't prove anything
The thing with this story is that it couldn't just be dismissed as one persons imagination
As it involved my mum as well
Although some would claim group hypnosis
But no,and I don't believe my mum has really spoken about it since the house cleaning
It took me at least twenty years to get around to speaking about it
Well who would believe it
One bit I've been thinking about was when a ended up at the " light"
Which was actually a sorted of frosted screen with a brightness behind it
I just sort of arrived there,there was no tunnel getting there
But there was coming back
I feel now that if I had touched the screen I may not have come back,but that's just an afterthought
Roger

Postby Chatelaine » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Such an interesting story, one of the best we've had Roger. Your experiences must have had a profound effect on you both. I wonder if a screen is something that other people have seen in their Near Death Experiences?

Thanks once again for sharing this personal story with us :ymhug:
Chatelaine

Postby Roger » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:07 pm

It's hard to judge weather it was a profound experience,I think it probably was but I've never felt that
When that happened it was because I let it happen
I wanted to see how far the thing could take me,I felt stronger in my mind than the thing
And I never had any thought in my mind that it could actually kill me
I think something inside me accepts this sort of stuff and I now try not to have a double take when I see something
But it's still rare that I see something and can just focus on it
I've been thinking a lot about the reflection incident,when I saw my father in law in the reflection of a window
Started me thinking about the age old legend of using mirrors and what is a reflection,is it a fourth dimension
Whenever I see a reflection now I take a minute to have a proper look
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:41 pm

That's great that you knew you were stronger mentally... so many people just freak and assume some being or entity is bound to be stronger than them. I don't believe this is true, despite all the scary shows on TV showing mere mortals being bullied or harmed by such, ...shows like "When Ghosts Attack", Paranormal Witness or the film Paranormal Activity.

I think a living person is as affected and weak or as strong and causative as they let themselves be, it's all about considerations and mental attitude. Be afraid and they can feed off it, and the person himself builds his own weakness up. Getting over fear and being able to just face something and not flinch, though it can be hard, works wonders.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:10 pm

It all changed when I got the book from the library
It explained about nasty things feeding of your energy,and that you had to deny it access to your energy
In my case I told it to .... ...
And that worked for me
Also this just popped out of the memory bank,and this is going back a long way I would have been between 4/6 years old but it's still vivid when I think about it
I would have the same dream,not every night but at least once a week,this went on for ages
The dream involved me being chased through the jungle by a skeleton
I would be running in terror
I remember having the same idea about facing down your terrors
Not sure where it came from but I remember on the las occasion I had the dream I managed to stop running ,turned around and telling it to stop chasing me
That was the last time I had the dream
On a lighter note I was a strange kid
When I was a bit older I used to save my pocket money up until I had enough money for a bag of nails
Lol.... I would then build myself a go cart
All the other kids would buy a bag of sweets
But being savvy,when I smashed the go art up I would pull all the nails out,straighten then and build another one
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:24 pm

LOL that's brilliant .... both stories actuallyc, about the dream and the go cart, very innovative... you weren't the odd one but the smart one, and a builder/ maker from the word go by the sound of it, I bet you're a bit of an entrepreneur now, in some way.... even if it's making bungalows and fixing Haystone Villa. :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Mon May 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Here's a strange thing
In my story about the chair,I never mentioned ,well I can't see that I did mention the fact that the chair had been cut down more to the size for a child to sit on
Well I just noticed that when the story was put onto the ghost pod there's a picture of a very low chair
.....!!!!!!
Am I imagining that
Roger

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue May 30, 2017 1:24 am

Hmm, that's interesting.

I'm the one who put that pic on the Ghosted website, and I did have the idea of a lower but old chair, so I picked that image. And no you didn't mention it had been made lower!
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Tue May 30, 2017 4:21 pm

In response to the last two comments.....

That's spooky! :shock:
Chatelaine

Previous

Return to Share Your True Ghost Stories Here