The Enfield haunting

Discuss favourite or least favoured paranormal TV shows

Re: The Enfield haunting

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed May 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Yep Pequisto, they did butcher it and turned it into something totally different.

For the benefit of those who have only seen this drama, I'm sure they will be living it and it was very well done as a drama and a story, entertaining.

But it is very disappointing for those who have studied the case and appreciate the fullness of the investigation and what really happened.

Anyone who loved this drama, get the book and read it, you'll love it even more and will get the rest of it in unadulterated form! :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby karen » Sun May 24, 2015 12:45 am

I'm watching a documentary on TV now with Maurice grosse and guy playfair and other members of the family. It is showing the actual recordings taken and interviewing the now grown up children. The TV reporters and journalists with one skeptic who belongs to the spr. Dr Chris someone. It's on sky living. If anyone is interested.
karen

Postby martin1985 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:34 pm

what is the documentary called Karen? hopefully i will be able to watch it on catch up or on demand
martin1985

Postby martin1985 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:37 pm

just checked its called Interview with a Poltergeist , think i have seen this one before on channel 4 years ago pretty good
martin1985

Postby karen » Sun May 24, 2015 5:10 pm

That's the one martin
karen

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun May 24, 2015 7:52 pm

I'm pretty sure we have this as a YouTube link on the forum, poss on the other thread about Enfield ( this one here started about the film )...if not that then another, lots of footage and interviews with Maurice & I think Guy.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby martin1985 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:53 am

yes it a good documentary, i watched it again last night as its been years since i watched it. its interesting that Maurice said he weren't sure if it was Bill (the dead guy) speaking through Janet as it could have been easily someone/something else impersonating Bill.
martin1985

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon May 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Yes, there are theories that the identity of a spirit connected to a poltergeist even a seance, ouija board session etc often mimic identities to play around with those living participants, especially family members.

The thing this doesn't explain in the Enfield case is Bill turned out to have exisred as a real person, a past occupant of the house who died in his chair - and who was a horrible character while living, his son didn't ever want to go back. Yesterday Janet and family knew nothing of him, and especially not the way he died or small details that came out in the seance - they were only discovered in research and on verification with the son and others.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby martin1985 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:15 pm

valid point but she could have got this information from a neighbour its a possibly, saying that i do believe this case had real activity just what was real and what was faked i don't know!
martin1985

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:45 pm

I notice Guy Lyon Playfair has written an article for the Forum section of this July's edition of Fortean Times, his response to the film. Anyone interested in this case, it's worth getting.

I probably got mine early as I subscribe, it may not be in the shops yet but keep an eye out, the edition theme is the Morbach Monster ( "the Rhineland, 1988, How an American werewolf came to cold war Germany" ).
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts On TV