MH Series 3 & Most Haunted Live - Halloween 2015

Discuss favourite or least favoured paranormal TV shows

Re: MH Series 3 & Most Haunted Live - Halloween 2015

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:00 am

I have to say Karen, I agree : MH is back to basics .... thoroughly enjoyable, brilliant! And you could see they were genuinely worried and afraid... Great that footage of the balls too.

One of the best locations they have done too... the film When The Lights Went Out is one of my all time favourite paranormal thrillers, and the whole story is intriguing.
Can't wait for the next one.

Now, all of the above is said by someone who stopped bothering to watch MH at least 5 years ago, and tends to fall asleep during most episodes these days, totally became disillusioned and unimpressed whereas I was a big follower for the first 5 seasons. I still take it with a pinch of salt, - it's an entertainment programme, get over it! But it keeps you guessing, and is a lot more convincing than it was. I'm persuaded a lot of the last few episodes have genuine results in the mix, some or all... who knows (I don't particularly trust the knocking, or that thing thrown on the bed).

But despite that, positive changes and back to some old formulae, .. bring it on! :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Kitty » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Well yes, I agree, it was a terrific start to New Most Haunted Series 3.

I've said before that after years of watching MH, I can tell when Karl is faking being frightened. In Sunday evening's show he was truly scared ! You can tell by his eyes how freaked out he was at times.

The house was just an ordinary, semi detached house which was SO active as they were setting up the cameras etc that most of the programme consisted of them filming in daylight. Part two next week shows the actual investigation !

The cross being thrown onto the bed ? Hmmmmmmm, sorry but whenever Stuart T is in the room and something happens, I have my suspicions.

The locked off cameras were a terrific idea, and its good to see that MH has moved with the times and are using these now. The trigger objects moving - the white balls on the floor - was spooky with a capital suh ! :?

The movement in the bathroom window was spooky but I question why there was a locked off camera outside the house which just happened to be shooting upwards at the window in question at the time? Hmmm.

I found the knife stuck between the sofa cushions a bit suss too. I always suspect Stuart T when stuff like that happens, sorry. I like the guy but sometimes ..... well I'll say no more. ;-)

When Karl found the doll on the floor, there was a definite eerie breath behind him and he genuinely freaked and raced downstairs.

Loved the fact that even Glen the Sceptic was freaked out and mystified by the banging on the floors and walls. Even Eamonn the EVP guy said he didn't like the house at all, and he never gets spooked ever !

Really looking forward to next week's episode. Thoroughly enjoyable hour's tv, whether or not you believe - it was entertaining :)

PS. After taking some stick on forums for 'porking up' - Karl is looking a lot slimmer and healthier these days.
Kitty

Postby Chatelaine » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Fan-bloody-tastic! That's all I can say about last night's episode, it was bang on the money! I got into watching Most Haunted about 10 years ago and I used to spend all my spare time watching the dvds over and over I used to enjoy them so much. It has been 10 years since I felt so enthused about the program, last night rekindled that old spark that I used to have for the show. All day I have been thinking that when I get home tonight, I'm going to watch the episode over again and maybe again tomorrow and each day till the next episode! :lol: Oh my goodness, what has happened to me?

The team are definitely back on track and if they keep to this format, I foresee this show going on forever, as they are finally giving many of us what we want.

The show last night was so entertaining, it was like a perfectly written film script the way I watched it. I don't care if there's a bit of jiggery pokery here and there with the truth, I was thoroughly entertained and just want more! It's pure paranormal escapism! There's plenty of time for serious debate and nit picking with our own investigations and projects. :-D

10/10 Yvie & Karl!
Chatelaine

Postby karen » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Agree with all of the above... infact I was so spooked by the film and MH that I was scared to go to the bathroom....lol.

I think the locked off camera outside of the house is because of its previous history and the fact that figures have been spotted at the windows of the house.

How the owner/occupier managed to live in that house at all before moving is an absolute mystery. I would have been out of there like a bat out of hell. :lol:
karen

Postby Kitty » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:21 pm

Ahh thanks for that Karen, that answers my question nicely re the locked off outside camera. :)

The owner of the house refuses to stay there at night apparently? I doubt I'd be able to do an hour in broad daylight in that house. It REALLY creeped me out.

I've never seen Karl look so genuinely spooked either. Cannot wait for part 2 !
Kitty

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Well, the owner is no ordinary person... he's actually the nephew of the woman who was in the film, that family were his relations. He knew about the story due to this, became a film maker, and for many years had an ambition to take the amazing story he had known for a long time and turn it into a movie.

Eventually, the opportunity came to him to buy the house... and he went for it. He wanted to film the house on location, and to use the house to research, so that's why he bought it.

He changed a few things: the name of the family from Maynard to Pritchard out of respect for his family, and he changed the decade it happened to the '70s, in order to make a double meaning on "when the lights went out" as this was the time of the blackouts during the power cuts... so in that film you see the lights going out because of the strikes and power cuts too. Otherwise, the rest of the film pretty much stays as it happened, and some things were even left out.

I think it's a huge shame they didn't put it across all cinemas... it would have been a huge hit IMO. When it came out in the cinema I remember there was one showing in Bristol, and that was it. None in Wales or Herefordshire/Gloucestershire at all. Ridiculous.

Maybe this MH episode will highlight the film again and perhaps it will get shown more, I hope so, as it's so good!

Kitty, I think you are right: you can tell when Karl is genuinely scared, and that's one way to see if they are faking or not. Same with Yvette, she can't hide her genuine terror, she means it sometimes (like that last episode when she was crying and going potty after she heard something in her ear).
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Kitty » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Part two tonight !! :o :shock: :-D
Kitty

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Kitty, Chatelaine and I saw part two the other day on Really's website. You can view it early on there if you want.

Unfortunately we were very disappointed, as they were getting up to all sorts of tom foolery acting, fainting etc which was not credible, and Stewart chucking things ... or we are convinced of it.

Shame.

Let's see what you think though!
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:19 pm

What else did you expect from that lot, GiTM? Fester has enough pebbles in his pockets to start his own gravel factory!
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:00 am

Just watched both parts of this show on YouTube, and sorry, it's just the same old, same old... It was bad enough when they were throwing stones, but it has escalated to things that could really do some damage if they hit someone-picture frames(with glass), iron keys, the knife in the sofa cushions...

The usual bad and hammy acting, especially from Kidder, who has gotten really old and his hair has turned white, even though he's not yet 50! And where was Fred Batt?
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts On TV