MH Series 3 & Most Haunted Live - Halloween 2015

Discuss favourite or least favoured paranormal TV shows

Re: MH Series 3 & Most Haunted Live - Halloween 2015

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:47 am

As you feel that way, it's a mystery that you keep watching it, SB.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Pequisto » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:51 am

I agree with the consensus--Part 1 sold me on everything except for the cross being tossed on the bed. As soon as I heard Stuart's voice and realized he was the one filming that bedroom, the alarm bells in my head started ringing.

The second part contained a lot of overacting including Karl really milking it with passing-out and then hearing Yvette hovering over him, "He's not breathing! He's not breathing!" Such BS. I think episode 2 redeemed itself somewhat with the EVPs captured.

As for the burn marks on Karl's and Stuart's arms--I can attest that these look to be the result of contact with a copper pipe. I've studied as an electrician and when you are working around boilers or hot water pipes, it's important to wear long sleeves for this reason. There is no doubt in my mind as to what those burns are.

Why do they feel they need to over-sell themselves? The evidence captured in Part 1 is more than enough to walk away with even if they caught nothing in Part 2. It's so sad. They gain nothing more from acting that way and instead make a mockery of true investigations. :-x
Pequisto

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:59 am

I totally agree Pequsto. They don't need to do anything else, just be themselves and do the honest stuff, they should drop kick all the histrionics and fakery. As Kitty said, you can easily tell when they are genuinely getting results and their real fear.... alternatively, the acting is so obvious it just annoys and disappoints everyone and ruins an otherwise good formula. If only they left it alone.

The first episode reminded me how, when at their best, they far outstrip any other show like it in the genre IMO,... all the others started because of them.
The second reminded me that they have been on self destruct by turning themselves into a parody.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:23 am

GhostInTheMachine wrote:As you feel that way, it's a mystery that you keep watching it, SB.

There's an old saying, GiTM: "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". And I consider MH to be an enemy to every decent, hard-working, legit PN group out there. Not to say there aren't a few scary things left about the show-Yvies wrinkles that even the most generous make-up job can't hide, her equally frightening wigs(she should lend one to Stuart)and seeing Fester's ugly mug close-up in night vision-now that's scary! :o :shock:
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Kitty » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:09 pm

The first episode reminded me how, when at their best, they far outstrip any other show like it in the genre IMO,... all the others started because of them.
The second reminded me that they have been on self destruct by turning themselves into a parody

Absolutely in a nutshell there GITM.

I watched Part 2 of East Drive with a face like this :? I was honestly embarrassed for them. Stuart Torevell's fakery is ludicrous. Let's face it if you're going to fake paranormal activity then at least do it with some style and not like someone dragged in from the bus stop and asked to play the lead in Hamlet. His acting is absolutely appalling, and fakery clumsy. Karl's 'faint' in the bedroom was funny for three reasons : (a) He was faking (b) when he fainted his left hand moved despite him apparently 'not breathing' and (c) Yvette shrieking dramaticlly, "he's not breathing!!!" swiftly followed by the first aider saying, "yes he is" in an unimpressed, calm voice.

Part one was superb.
Part two was like an amateur dramatics night where everyone is pished and blundering about in the dark throwing stuff at one another.

Dreadful and insulting.
Kitty

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:38 pm

That's th right, embarrassing, and such a shame as there's no need.

It went from genuine entertaining and almost convincing investigating to Renataghost, except Mr Claypole would have done better.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:48 pm

Oh dear, the wheels have come off already! :lol: The bit that got me about Part 2, was Karl not breathing and Yvette's reaction to that. She was more interested in playing up the fact that the lights wouldn't turn on. :roll: Is this a blip, or is this the way they are going to carry on I wonder? I was so hopeful when I saw the first show that they had finally cracked it and had found the successful formula at last! I can't wait to see what the third episode has to offer! x_x
Chatelaine

Postby Kitty » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Most Haunted Live is on the Really Channel on Saturday, 31st October at 9pm for three hours. No idea where the location is yet but I believe Rylan is involved :-| and Jamie East is possibly going to be in the role that Paul Ross used to do. Not surprised they appear to have dropped Paul Ross like a hot brick :shock:

Rylan Ross Clark ‏@Rylan 5h5 hours ago

Rylan Ross Clark Retweeted Dr. Karl Beattie

The location is awful! It's so frightening! I dont know how we're gonna do this! @realkarlbeattie

Dr. Karl Beattie Retweeted
Jamie East ‏@mrjamieeast 7h7 hours ago

Jamie East Retweeted Rylan Ross Clark

Starting to brick it a little bit! Been reading up on the location
Kitty

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:56 pm

"Dr." Karl Beattie? Oh, yes, I have a vague recollection of him buying some "degree" on-line, several years ago.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Oh gawd, well having Rylan involved absolutely seals it for what it will be... an entertainment show, of course not a paranormal investigation.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts On TV