MH Series 3 & Most Haunted Live - Halloween 2015

Discuss favourite or least favoured paranormal TV shows

Re: MH Series 3 & Most Haunted Live - Halloween 2015

Postby Pequisto » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Following MHL, a lot of viewers took to Twitter (supporters and detractors alike) with important questions about the cord attached to Karl and about the knife. It seems as though Yvette's personal Twitter account and Karl's personal Twitter account banned hundreds of viewers with questions.

Faked or not, terrible PR move. Such amateurs. :-x
Pequisto

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Have to agree there Pequisto, if you're faking in entertainment using magic tricks, one golden rule is - don't get caught out!! And even more... don't moan if your audience spot it. Naff.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:45 pm

I was flipping Chanel's last night and started watching that programme
I turned it over after ten minutes
Seemed like they were just scaring each other
Roger

Postby saints96 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:02 pm

i fell asleep watching this but have caught clips on youtube of what happened.

You can clearly see something tied to his waist which they claim has something to do with the camera cables being tied in this way to prevent tripping accidents, im not convinced by this as the guy wasnt filming.

Also the knife on the bed incident does look iffy, you can clearly see his arm make a throwing movement as he enters the bedroom.

I used to enjoy this show years ago but last night it lost huge credibility and it may not recover from it with the viewing public as twitter is in meltdown over it.
saints96

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:33 pm

I just looked at the footage again, and noticed something so simple that renders this fake, I wonder why I didn't realize it-if it is a camera cable, as Yvie claims, then why isn't Karl holding a camera? And just look at his body language and posture-you can see he is setting himself for the tug. Where did this guy learn his acting "abilities"-the Teletubbies? :lol: :?
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Also why wouldn't everyone else be wearing ropes? Never seen those in the past with any other camera crew on that show!
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Kitty » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:34 pm

It clearly isn't a 'camera cable' it looks rather rope like to me.

I know they fake stuff, they always have done but - as has been said - if you're going to do it, please make a good job of it :mrgreen: I haven't seen the knife footage so can't comment. It all happened too fast on camera.

On a more positive note, the inclusion of Paul O'Grady in the investigation was a good idea. Rylan as the live studio host was a revelation. He was very very good, really relaxed, confident and appeared to be having a ball.

Stuart Torevell falling through the glass door at the end of the show with just three minutes to spare was just ridiculous. He can't act for toffee and it was so obviously staged.

Despite the faking I watched the whole thing and found it entertaining. Of course it's faked but just occasionally something unexpected happens and you can tell it genuinely spooks them - that is why I watch it.
Kitty

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:36 pm

I agree Kitty.

And, if they only did that all the time it would be perfect, which is a what I lament.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Kitty » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Paul O'Grady had me laughing fit to burst when they were all going up the stairs and he said, "No wonder the spirits are restless, just look at this carpet !" :-D

He was right though, the place doesn't look like it's been decorated or carpeted since 1962 :?
Kitty

Postby Kitty » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:51 pm

An explanation from Karl Beattie re the 'rope' seen attached to his belt during MH live.

https://twitter.com/Yfielding/status/66 ... id=244+590

Kitty

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts On TV