MH Series 3 & Most Haunted Live - Halloween 2015

Discuss favourite or least favoured paranormal TV shows

Re: MH Series 3 & Most Haunted Live - Halloween 2015

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks Kitty!

Hope you don't mind, I posted the actual video into your post too, so it can be viewed on the forum.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:35 am

Very ingenious explanation, Karl-BUT IT'S STILL A LOAD OF BS!. That malarkey about the infrared camera making your camera disappear in a haze of light is negated by the fact that on all the videos showing this incident, there is no such light shining. And since the only other person involved here in your inane story is your chief stooge Elmer Fudd, we are not buying it!
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:50 am

I don't think he means the camera disappeared in a haze of light, he's saying why he's not carrying it in front.

But, I do agree it's still not very believable (although he keeps a good presence during his explanation).
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:48 am

Been looking on various PN sites, along with Jon Donnis' page, and they are all giving Karl the merry ha-ha over his "explanation"! :roll: :roll:
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:26 am

Well, the biggest point for me so far as I recall is the cord had a knot in it!!

GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Pequisto » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:31 am

Regarding the camera and cord explanation, I verified with two old friends of mine. Both have worked in TV production (one is now retired) and here is what they have said about it.

Friend #1:

"Camera operators used to use a technique like this one he dscribed. No idea why he makes mention on the audio cables and their colours cause the only time we had to run wires is if it was 1986 and no boom mic." (He went on to explain that Karl's explanation is plausible.)

Friend #2 (actually a family member):

"Haha his explanation holds no water. I work 6 days a week in front of a camera and we run wires to the truck but no camera guy in his right mind would be shoving cables around his belt or tying them to his pants lol. Labour board and the union would lose their sh*t over safety regs."

Based on that, I have to say it looks like Karl's rebuttal to the fans is 75% false and considering the 25% that holds some truth, it's flimsy to say the least. :geek:
Pequisto

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:27 am

I wouldn't believe Karl Beattie if he told me day was light, and night was dark. And that goes for his wife and her cousin!
Spirit Bear

Postby Kitty » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Why would Karl need a cable like that attached to him anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong but I watched the whole show and never saw him carrying a camera around to film anything once ! :?
Kitty

Postby saints96 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:28 pm

The explanation given in the video is pretty lame and doesnt convince me, to me the video they released explaining the "cable" may do more damage than good as people will analyze things even more having heard the reasons given.
saints96

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Agreed all.

Also, why aren't we spotting cables like that all the time on this series, or any of the earlier seasons for the last 11 years? Or on anyone else other than him, this one time?

Makes no sense.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts On TV