Ghosthunters 1996

Discuss favourite or least favoured paranormal TV shows

Re: Ghosthunters 1996

Postby Pequisto » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:07 pm

We talked about this series a couple of years ago but I need to reiterate that this series is easily one of my favourites. I came across it a few years back on YouTube but they were mostly all removed because Syfy's "Ghost Hunters" put through several takedown notices and with YouTube being the way it is, anything with "ghost" and "hunters" in its title were vapourized. :sad:
Pequisto

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:33 pm

That's terrible Pequisto, don't agree with that! After all,THIS Ghost Hunters was broadcast long before TAPS were even dreamt up, they were still at school!!
So, I would argue that the makers of this interesting and useful documentary should shut down the Scooby Doo-come fat, balding & arrogant Steven Siegel wannabe any day!
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Pequisto » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:38 am

:lol:

First time in 2016 anyone made me laugh that hard.
Pequisto

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:47 am

Pequisto wrote::lol:

First time in 2016 anyone made me laugh that hard.

Al is right in this case, pequisto! Jason Hewes is almost as big an arrogant blowhard as the Karate Kidder or Six Pak Zak! I never could stand the guy as I felt he was nothing but a bully. No wonder that several of the crew from TAPS first season were quick to write books about their time with the team, most of them focusing on what a jerk Jason was.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby kaos7 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:08 pm

I totally agree guys. I got tired of that lot very quickly and stopped watching after a few shows. There seemed to be a great deal of ego tripping and certainly what looked to be bullying as well. What makes me cringe more than anything in these shows is they go in and if they don't get anything after a few hours claim that they don't think its haunted! Unfortunately, shows like the original Ghost Hunters are widely forgotten because of this show and others. I know what I'd rather watch!
kaos7

Postby Pequisto » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:01 pm

For me, it wasn't so much that Hewes was a bully--it was just that the series itself always seemed overly boring because the focus was less about the actual investigations and more about the team and how everyone was getting along. Maybe my sample size for viewing was small but I did give that show a decent shot and it just disappointed.

I have a friend who once described it as a reality series about plumbers. I can't disagree with him.
Pequisto

Postby martin1985 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:03 pm

ahhh yes I remember this show, used to get shown on some free view channel back in 2004 I think
martin1985

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:51 pm

kaos7 wrote: What makes me cringe more than anything in these shows is they go in and if they don't get anything after a few hours claim that they don't think its haunted!

This is exactly what they did with Chillingham Castle.. they just announced it's not haunted after a short visit where they didn't get any results.
However, as phenomena is often rare or at best sporadic & unpredictable, and as most "haunted" buildings will only have an actual apparition sighting, or reported sighting around once every 5 years or more, this conclusion doesn't amount to much.

Pequisto wrote:For me, it wasn't so much that Hewes was a bully--it was just that the series itself always seemed overly boring because the focus was less about the actual investigations and more about the team and how everyone was getting along.

I have a friend who once described it as a reality series about plumbers. I can't disagree with him

Exactly! Boring, and about them more than what they were supposed to be doing.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ghosts On TV