New series : Most Haunted (Summer 2016)

Discuss favourite or least favoured paranormal TV shows

New series : Most Haunted (Summer 2016)

Postby Kitty » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:18 am

A new series of Most Haunted will start on the REALLY channel on the evening of the 30th June 2016 - not sure of the time (sorry).

https://www.facebook.com/MostHauntedInfo/?fref=nf
Kitty

Re: New series : Most Haunted (Summer 2016)

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Whoopee! :roll:
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Kitty » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:54 pm

The new series of Most Haunted continues and so far we've had some pretty good episodes. Glen the sceptic, though clearly a good friend of Karl and Yvette, is still as sceptical as ever and asks relevant questions, as well as shooting down any rather ludicrous claims coming from Fred. Fred Batt still has all the presenting skills and charisma of my big toe, Eamonn is still doing his voice analysis stuff, and there have been some rather good locations.

So far we've had Halsham Hall (some excellent activity here), Whittingham Castle and the Lyceum Theatre - all with some quite good paranormal stuff recorded. The Lyceum Theatre was a stunning, Victorian location. Thursday evenings offering - The Mansion House Care Home - was rather underwhelming as very little happened.

The crew has shrunk a lot, thank goodness. I'd still like to see Fred Batt and Darren(?) go from the team as neither offer much to the programme IMO. Oh and when there's auditory phenomena occurring, Fred STILL hasn't got the knack of standing still. The man is always pacing around which means Yvette has to ask him to stand still, which means we don't hear what we're supposed to. Stuart is still as dense as ever but it's hard to get annoyed with him ;-)

So far though the new series is more professional and a lot less ridiculously hysterical - ie. no screeching make up ladies in the team.

Most of the new series is on You Tube.

Here is the Lyceum Theatre

Halsham Hall (good bit of paranormal activity here, whether or not you believe it)

and Whittingham Castle

Kitty

Postby Spirit Bear » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:35 pm

I've commented on the new series in another thread about MH on the Forums, but I will re-iterate my views here.

First, it's good that they have trimmed the fat, so to speak, crew-wise. Getting rid of all the extraneous people who ruined too many vigils because of excess noise-dragging cables, shuffling about, background chatter, etc. The current 8 member crew is about the right number for any vigil, IMO.

Afraid they can't get rid of Fred. From all accounts he is the one financing the show. He is boring beyond belief, adds nothing of substance to the show, but it looks like they are stuck with him. He also needs to expand his wardrobe, he keeps wearing the same outfit every episode.

I like Glen. He is a lot more lively than Ciaran, and altho he maintains a skeptic's stance, he admits he is willing to be convinced if they ever encounter a real apparition.

I'm not convinced about many of the so-called "EVPS'" they catch. I have heard the odd word here and there, but for the most part, it is just random static and squawking.

So far, there has been no overt fakery. They are walking on eggshells after last years Live fiasco at 30 East Drive, which they only made worse by Kidder and Fudd's incredibly lame and stupid attempts to explain it all.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Kitty » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Were you able to view any of the new 2016 series I've posted above, Spirit Bear?

Agree that Glen is like a breath of fresh air. No offence to Ciaren but he had zero screen presence, a completely emotionless face (terrible for tv presenting) and boring delivery. Glen the Sceptic is animated, firm, believes what he believes and isn't afraid of saying what he thinks.

I just wish they'd get rid of Fred Batt. Is he really financing the series? Karl and Yvette could surely do that on their own - they must be worth mega bucks !
Kitty

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Kitty wrote:Were you able to view any of the new 2016 series I've posted above, Spirit Bear?

Agree that Glen is like a breath of fresh air. No offence to Ciaren but he had zero screen presence, a completely emotionless face (terrible for tv presenting) and boring delivery. Glen the Sceptic is animated, firm, believes what he believes and isn't afraid of saying what he thinks.

I just wish they'd get rid of Fred Batt. Is he really financing the series? Karl and Yvette could surely do that on their own - they must be worth mega bucks !

Kitty: I've seen the first 4 new episodes on YouTube. Ciaran is a nice guy but he had all the charisma of a radish. Glen is a little more Matthew Smith in his approach, as he often says: "I'm willing to be convinced", a la Matthew.

Mind you, I can't confirm that Fred is financing the show, I've only heard rumors to that effect in the comments to some of the new episodes on YouTube. You are right that Yvette and Karl must be filthy rich, so why would they need somebody else to shell out the dosh, unless there is some sort of dodgy tax thing going on?
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Bear

Postby Kitty » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:35 pm

Glen is a little more Matthew Smith in his approach, as Matthew was, as he would often say:" I'm willing to be convinced."

Yes ! I knew he reminded me of someone. I really liked Matthew Smith, who frequently got verbally attacked during live shows by a bristling David Bull, who wouldn't hear a negative word about the show. :roll:

Have to agree about Eamonn's burbley sounding EVPs though. Surely he can 'clean them up' a bit more? MH did a very good new episode recently at the Black Country Museum and he managed to get a terrific EVP which in response to "can you hear us? can you see us?" replied by saying, "I can see you" - what was convincing for me (but not picked up by the MH team) was the inflection in the voice that I recognised as a local accent distinct to that part of the world. It was quite convincing in my opinion. The rest of the time though it's a lot of weird electronic blooping and bleeping. Hope he manages to improve the technique a little.
Kitty

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:58 am

I just watched the 5th episode of the new series, and Eamonn got rid of the big rig EVP unit. He used just a computer and a bunch of microphones scattered thru-out the location.

I'm getting tired of Kidder's solo vigils with his bad acting-the goggle eyed stares, the heavy breathing and panting, he is getting as bad as Cath.
Spirit Bear

Postby Kitty » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Kidder's OTT panting is so loud you can't hear the 'ghostly footsteps' he's constantly talking about during solo vigils.

Not a bad new episode last Thursday night. Glen the Sceptic heard a child crying !

Here it is :-

Kitty

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Just saw the 6th episode from Oak House in West Bromwich, and this was the best to date, namely because they keep bringing back elements from the 1st season-a shot of them walking towards the building, like the Michaelham Priory episode. And they used my favorite Alan Clarke piece towards the end-Atmospheres. Eamonn the EVP guy was missing, which was too bad as they caught a ton of sound anomalies-creaks, footsteps, bangs. I was also stunned by the resemblance of Jessica, a staff member, to Yvette when she was still on Blue Peter.
Spirit Bear

Next

Return to Ghosts On TV