Most Haunted Series 20 - Really TV

Discuss favourite or least favoured paranormal TV shows

Most Haunted Series 20 - Really TV

Postby karen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:27 pm

Its been a long while since I posted but I have been moved to post regarding the new series of Most Haunted. I have been watching for the past 3 nights and the whole series is available on UKTV player.

This series has been hilarious. I laughed out loud at last nights episode so it really is worth a watch.

SPOILER ALERT: This episode has the whole crew running around and Fred is being his usual self in the basement with Darren..... that is all I'm going to say as I don't want to ruin it for anyone.... BUt please watch.

I actually think Most Haunted has got better these past seasons. Almost back to basics but in a hilarious way. I'm not sure if it's meant to be intentionally funny but there are moments when I do laugh.. and its a real belly laugh. It has also given me a couple scares which is unbelievable for a series that has been down in doldrums for quite a while.

There has been quite a few paranormal programmes on recently some new like Ghost Chasers where whats his Name Lawman is involved a few others that are quite new. It seems as if REALLY channel (which is a freeview channel) is the go to channel for paranormal stuff.

I do recommend (~Spirit Bear will find this unbelievable) Most Haunted at the moment for an enjoyable hour or two. No gadgets, No getting spirits angry and some quite good footage and I honestly believe not all of it is faked. Stewart isn't in it much anymore it's a smaller crew and some moments are genuinely funny.
karen

Re: Most Haunted Series 20 - Really TV

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 pm

Strange, but there was no publicity from anybody about a new season. I will see if these new episodes have been put up on-line somewhere. Forget Youtube, I think they have had their fill of MH, that is why most of the older episodes have been yanked. As to Fudd, I'm not surprised about his reduced role-he wasn't on the last 3 episodes from Standon Hall from Series 19.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 pm

Interesting Karen, I do admit that I found a couple of the recent series quite entertaining and worth a watch. But I was disillusioned all over again with the Yorkshire 30 East Drive, specifically the 2nd episode.... ridiculous. The first one was good.

I'm totally fed up of all those American shows, which are all pretty much the same as Paranormal Witness, My Ghost Story, A Haunting etc. I never bother watching any of them. All the demons and "dangerous ghost" rubbish.

However, I think there's a massive gap in the market for a UK based Celebrity True Ghost stories show. Celebs we know and recognise, telling true stories that have happened to them. Now that I would watch.

Also, I did like Haunted Homes. Wish that would return.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:22 am

Well, I've just watched the first 2 episodes of MH Season 20. The first, from Rowley's House in Shrewsbury, was pretty low key, and featured the return of Watson the bulldog. Darren is still not carrying any sound gear, but at least they must have made Fred buy a pair of trainers, as he is not stomping around all the time.

The 2nd episode, from the Fleece Inn, was pretty dangerous. I think they are getting carried away with the throwing stuff. First, the landlady almost got hit by a chair "thrown" from a level above. Then Karl almost gets hit in the face by a flying wine glass in the kitchen. I loved the lingering look he gave to a rack full of knives, but he restrained himself(this time)

I was proved wrong for once this time, I did watch these episodes on YouTube!
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Well, I've spent this weekend catching up on all the latest episodes from MH Series 20. Episodes 3 & 4 were from Hadon Hill House. Pretty much devoid of anything. But the Halloween Special from Croxteth Hall was a 2 parter rife with the usual nonsense-A wine bottle "falling" off a shelf(with Fudd in close proximity), a bed "moving" by itself, caught on camera by Kidder(can you say fishing line?), followed by a chair being "knocked over" in the same room. Butter knives are tossed all over the place, Kidder gets "cut" on the thumb by one of them. :roll: Fred starts with his usual call to summon a demon, freaking Darren out. Then for the last 40 minutes of the 2nd part, Fred simply disappears, no explanation given.

Watson, as usual, is the star of the show. He could care less about the PN, and wondering why Yvie is always taking him into rooms that he can't be bothered to sniff. And Fudd seems to be growing his hair back, which I thought was not possible for people who suffer from alopecia(sorry if I'm spelling it wrong!)

The latest episode at Old House was pretty much the Kidder and Yvie monologue, with almost none of the rest of the crew given camera time. The terrible twosome spend most of their time in the building's basement, the floor covered in slimy mud, and the pair almost getting into a matrimonial when Karl asks for the spirits to push Yvie into the mud, and she tells him: "Yeah, that's your fantasy, isn't it?" :lol: Ah, the joys of wedded bliss! :razz:
Spirit Bear

Postby Scaramouche » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:15 am

I'm afraid MH still does for me what 'Oh! Calcutta!' used to do for Mary Whitehouse, the current series notwithstanding.

I've posted elsewhere that I thought it would be a good idea to make a spoof film of MH... 'Carry On Haunting'' with Lily Savage and Brian Conley (among others) sending up Yvette and the crew. Having seen the latest episodes of MH I have reviewed my thoughts in this direction to the degree that - in order to portray the MH crew more accurately - the cast for the film should be changed to include the Krankies, the Chuckle Brothers and the entire cast/characters of the 'Rainbow' tv series.

By George, I would give a months pension to see how a shy, camp, pink hippopotamus would react to seeing a ghost!
I can describe myself in five words. Intelligent, handsome, debonair, witty - NOT!!
Scaramouche

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 am

Just finished perusing the last 2 episodes, and if this show isn't on its last legs, then I don't know what is. Episode 8 was in a bus museum. A bus museum? Good gracious me, how exciting-not! Karl and Yvie claiming the buses were rocking back and forth, but it was just good old Karl rocking his camera back and forth to create that effect.

Episode 9, from the Judges Lodging was a plethora of flying cutlery, all off-camera, of course. And this was the smallest crew ever-no Fudd, no Watson, no Darren. This one is another 2-parter.
Spirit Bear

Return to Ghosts On TV