Re: True Movies

Postby Winnie » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:12 pm

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose

http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/emilyrose.php

Terrifying film tragic story
Winnie

Postby Winnie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:20 am

Watched When the Lights Went Out and what a great film i will have to read your thread on the case here ....... Hollywood could learn a thing from Britain as it really was very good.
Loved the authenticity great care was taken in the telling of this story not that i know much about the case but the feel was spot on ...... i could watch it again.
Winnie

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Aha, will take a look at that one. It's sort of one of the most common American "ghostlore" folklore themes these days to have a haunting connected to being built on graves... so I was wondering if there were any true cases.

In good old blighty, being such a densely populated island that has been inhabited for many thousands of years, I reckon it would be rare to find a patch of land (esp in a city) that hasn't been built on top of graves :D
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:17 pm

Winnie, I watched the 2nd half of Out On A Limb with Shirley Mclean over Xmas on my Kindle (new toy for Christmas! :) ) and it was totally different... really good (probably because the Charles Dance bit was over) - really good.

I had heard about Shirley Mclean over the years, but didn't really know her "story" and her interest in UFOs and spirituality involving this, very interesting to hear those :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Winnie » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:32 am

Awww i am so glad and relieved lol i should have said that in part 2 Charles D did not feature much xx

Her books are brilliant she is a great writer honest and brave and very funny xx
Winnie

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:59 pm

I agree, since I watched that I've been watching various other videos and interviews with her on Youtube, with Larry King and Oprah and others. I agree with much of what she says.
I think I'd like to get one of her books, but there seem like quite a few.... the one called Sageing While Aging sounds interesting.

She seems like a lovely person.... only thing is her daughter doesn't seem to agree.

I must watch that other film you put on here, the one about alien abduction.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Winnie » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Do not let her Daughter Sachi put you off reading Shirley's books ..... real chip on her shoulder that one and a fantasist too ... but that is my opinion x

She claims many crimes in her Mommy Dearest Memoir .... one being that she was stranded at her "top class" Swiss School as it broke off for the holidays, .... apparently she had to knock on a strangers door and stay with them the entire break as her Mum was nowhere to be found ..... erm, times were different back then, but, that different ? where a child is let loose by a top school without a guardian to roam Switzerland ? .... erm like many of the story's she comes up with, i very much doubt it ;-)

Sachi is a jealous failed actress, last i heard she was playing her Mum in the story on broadway. Sad thing is mud sicks.

Shirley worked for everything by herself ..... her daughter could dine out on the fact that Shirley is her Mother forever ........

Anyhow having read all of Shirley's books and reading between the lines ;-) i think, no, i know! it is bull.

Saging While Aging is a good book could have been longer imo she covers a lot from gossip to conspiracy and so on ...........

Don't Fall of the Mountain ...... Excellent read, i could not put it down ...... a good place to start which makes sense it is her first book [i think] lol

Out on a Limb ..... well, .... again a brilliant book

I could go on i have read them all .....

Communion is an odd film many people did not like Christopher Walken in the lead. I thought he was great and the film! is mind blowing. Just dont leave the room to make a coffee ;-)

I keep meaning to read Whitley Striebers book Communion as books are always better than the film.

Hope you enjoy the film its been a while since i seen it i should really watch it again xx

Here is Whitley

Last edited by Winnie on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnie

Postby Winnie » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:28 pm

The Possession

Based in the Dybbuk Box ..... very loosely! ;-)
Good cast and acting but Hollywood OTT so if you like blood and guts and full on Horror you will like this. Me, i prefer the real story told on Paranormal Witness.

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi Karen ..... watched Grave Secrets The Legacy of Hilltop Drive .... great film, bit dated and made for tv but very good. x

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Black-Hope- ... 0688051766
Winnie

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:14 am

I found not being able to watch any youtube links put on the forum on a tablet, only on laptop or desktop, will need to research this. Seems there's no app support.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts In The Movies & Film