True Movies

Discuss your favourite spooky & paranormal movies here

Re: True Movies

Postby Winnie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 am

GhostInTheMachine wrote:I found not being able to watch any youtube links put on the forum on a tablet, only on laptop or desktop, will need to research this. Seems there's no app support.

Good luck finding an app GITM x

Heaven is for Real

This is a good film and deals with the subject well given the religious setting, which some may find too much. But the story was told with some skepticism which helps. I found it heartwarming and hopeful.

Talking to Heaven [aka] Living With the Dead

I was reminded of this mini series as i channel surfed last night, part 2 is on True Movies tonight. Its based on the life of James Van Praagh. Worth a watch if you havent seen it ...... very interesting.

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:32 pm

Here's an oldie :-D

The UFO Incident aka The Betty and Barney Hill Story

Full movie

The plot of the film is based on the audio recordings of the testimonials by the interracial couple under hypnosis of what happened with them on 19-21 September 1961.

What they allegedly experienced is replayed and reenacted on film.

The film tells the story of the couple in flashbacks, through hypnosis and psychiatric consultations of the married life of the couple, both before and after the alleged encounter with a UFO and abduction by aliens.
Winnie

Postby Winnie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:04 am

Here is another UFO true movie well its a mini series based on a book by Budd Hopkins about the abduction phenomena 8-)

Full Movie

Winnie

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Probably seen some of those, but some not. Chatelaine will love the abduction ones :o :-x
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Winnie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Damn it :roll:

Yes "ahem" they are all a bit on the old side ;-) still some are classics :-D x

I have not watched Intruders in a long time but that will get Chatelaine reaching for her tin hat 8-)

Have you had time to watch Communion yet ?
Winnie

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Haven't had a chance yet, been too busy and off and about.. but defo will.

Fire in the Sky was a great one. Other "based on truth" ones : Mothman chronicles , When the Lights Went out (did I say that already?, sorry), Haunting In Connecticut, Amityville (controversial), .... quite a lot more if I was to delve in, ... you know you see so many films like this and many are "based on truth" and you forget.

Oh... Exorcism of Emily Rose... very good.

and the Martin Sheen 1994 made-for-TV movie Roswell

Bit old and corney, but very good, worth it if you're into this stuff. Here it is:

GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:24 am

OK, now both me and Chatelaine are part way through Communion, only had a bit of time yesterday... it's got really poor SFX and dummies for the aliens (but what do you expect for the 1980s), but it's very good! Really irritating lead character (again lol) but it's a great film .... have to watch the rest today or tomorrow :)

Edit add:
Hm, just saw this on Wiki, looks like the film doesn't depict Whitley Strieber's source too well:

"Starring Christopher Walken and Frances Sternhagen, it tells a story of a family that experiences an extraterrestrial phenomenon while on vacation at a remote home in the wilderness during which the father is abducted and all of their lives change. According to Strieber, the story is a real-life account of his own encounter with "visitors", with Walken playing the role of the author.

The score was composed by Eric Clapton. It received a mostly negative critical reaction due to Walken's performance and was panned by Strieber himself due to its non-factual portrayal of him. He said that while his experience was a dream and on his own, the film showed it as actually happening and his entire family experiencing it. The film was also a box office failure."

Still good though, I think the analysis is a bit unfair. And I think pretty much any "based on truth" film will deviate a bit and have artistic license in spades - including things like Paranormal Witness and My Ghost Story. With this, raring to go for the rest! :)

2nd Edit: Just read the Wiki item on Strieber himself, it seems to indicate this was an alien abduction, not just a dream.... I think this may be worthy of a thread in its own right, Communion :)

Check this out, and schroll down to hit the right bit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitley_Strieber
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Winnie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:30 am

I got when the lights went out on your recommendation and boy what a good film at the end it says the Mother still lives there and yet GCUK said they investigated it ? anyhow great film.

Oh thank you i have not seen that !! i shall watch this very soon :-D

btw when you get the chance the film Karen posted Grave Secrets: The Legacy of Hilltop Drive is very good, old, but well done.
Winnie

Postby Winnie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:39 am

Hello :-D

Yes Communion has its problems and could probably do with a remake [although i loved it lol] People just did not get it ..... My Mum has a copy of Whitley's book i have to get a loan of and i have been told the next book Transformation is brilliant.

When you have 30 min here is Whitley talking about his encounter xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1 ... l=84503534

I cant seem to post it properly
Winnie

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks Winnie, I will take a look at that. It is definitely a great story and I think it would be about time to do a remake, maybe do it exactly as the book has it this time.

Really pleased you liked WTLWO - it is very good, in fact it's one which I can watch over and over, one of the very few. I think if you were a child of the '70s then that's an attraction, but also the story is so much more real (except, possibly the very ending...).

If you take a look at your copy, there should be some "extras" on it, where they had the very first showing of the film in the house itself, for some folk who won a competition.
The film was made by the nephew of the woman in the film, his mother and family had all sorts of experiences there, many of which are shown in the film. He became a film maker and campaigned to get the story told in movie format, then made it himself, and also bought the house again.
He just changed the family name to Pritchard, whereas it was actually Maynard. There are some great articles in some past Fortean Times mags about it.

I think the film really suffered from poor showing... for some reason most of the cinemas in the UK didn't take it, we couldn't get it anywhere in Wales, I think it only showed somewhere in Bristol, and mostly it was only shown in Yorkshire and some bigger cinemas. Great shame as I think it should have been a classic, is a classic. I got mine on the DVD.

Edit add re: Communion: I think I've put in the video link you wanted. I notice the link you had tried to paste was a search within a search on Youtube - ie: it went from one vid to another. What you have to do is get the original of that film, so sometimes it's best to re-search it in youtube and then paste the number in. Also you can't have any gaps between the number and the Youtube [ ] tabs when pasting it in.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ghosts In The Movies & Film