Hello to you all.

New members please come and introduce yourself

Re: Hello to you all.

Postby Chatelaine » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:08 pm

I've always wanted to do Crook Hall, it looks a wonderful place.

Jerry, that is a very interesting picture and a very creepy one too! When the picture was taken, was it taken purposely because a presence was felt? I am interested in whether any odd feelings accompanied you when the photo was taken.

Thanks for sharing! Love it!
Chatelaine

Postby jerry1975 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi Guys.

Yeah, its a shame the photo is not more clear but if you look closely at the bottom of the stairs you can make out a face ( maybe see it if you can zoom in ) with hair and you xan also make out some facial features.
I admit it is more clearer if you see it on my phone rather than the website pic but it is the original.
I contacted them myself about the picture but got no reply.

I took the photo because of the strange feeling i got around that spot otherwise i would not have done.

The picture was taken July 2014 and i would love to do an investigation there myself one day.

Thanks.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:08 am

I'm interested that you only took it last year, that must mean they are accepting guests again now. When I was looking into it to stay there for a vigil, the owner, a woman, wasn't taking guests any more and just wanted it as a private residence, so either it's changed ownership or she changed her mind.

Can you mention a bit more about the perceptions you had there? A sense of a presence of another being, someone watching you, or just an electric, charged or heavy feeling, for instance.

It doesn't surprise me you sensedsomething in a stairway. For whatever reason, the stairwell area in a building is often where paranormal or haunting phenomena is most commonly reported; one theory is the large amount of traffic in transit, through a place over the time span of the building, very condensed energy of physical human activity.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby jerry1975 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:10 am

Hi.

Just to clarify, i went to crook hall and gardens for the day and did not stay overnight.
The gardens and house are open during the day for people to have a look around.
The wife and i stayed near newton aycliffe and visited for the day.
Sorry if i confused you ghostinthemachine.

To answer your question about the feeling, well it was like an uneasy feeling and felt very certain that that something was there and felt very eager to take a photo.
There was nothing to see at all just a feeling.

I took the photo and later on the bus home we went through our photos and i saw this one.

Thanks.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 am

Ah, right thanks for that. Well, sounds like we'll have to make a day trip there some time.

Would be great to take more pictures and see if it reappears! :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby martin1985 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:38 pm

i can kind of see something too but, like GiTM said its very hard to tell what it is
martin1985

Postby jerry1975 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi guys.

I have made the photo brighter in and effort to try and make it clearer.

Hope this is better.

You can see the face and hair more clearly now i think at the boottom of the last step.
To me it looks like a woman with long curly hair.
Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:28 pm

I have looked at this enlarged, and it does look like a woman with either long, curly hair, or some sort of big, floppy hat, along with what looks like a collar and some sort of chain around it. However, if it is an apparition, then it is a most unusual one-looks like a 2-dimensional image on the floor of the landing.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby jerry1975 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi Spirit Bear.

I am glad you can see the photo better now but i can assure you it is not a two
dimensional picture on the floor, nothing was seen/there when the photo was taken.
I know for sure myself it is something paranormal and i think it is the best photo yet i
personaly have taken.

I took the photo on my mobile phone which is only 2 mega pixel.
I know there was something paranormal going on, the strange feeling and the photo,
i guess its different for me as i was there.

Thanks for your comments, its good to hear both sides ( skeptic and belivers ).

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:06 pm

It's so true that there is nothing to beat actually being there. I have had numerous paranormal experiences, which I just cannot convey to people who weren't there. They come up with all sorts of "explanations" which are just absurd, to me, as I was there and of course you know what can be ruled out and what would make sense.

The first thing that happens when you experience something odd, is naturally you run through all the "normal" explanations within seconds, in your own mind. You naturally seek for the normal, you suppose things will be explained the way you are used to them getting explained, so you look for that first. Then you realise, usually pretty quickly, that the normal explanations don't fit. You know & have certainty, because you were there. Then later on you tell other people and they say "yeah but did you think of this...?" and you think "of course!!"

It's so hard to convey to people on a forum, or in life, they always say something that sounds daft to you, very frustrating.

PS: I don't think Spirit Bear meant it was a picture lying on the floor, but was just saying he thinks it's an unusual apparition as to him it looks 2D rather than 3D ... not the first time I've heard this though. There was a guy on the forum last year saw a black and white 2D apparition of a figure of a boy and child walking down a road in front of him.

So, I believe what you say, that it was the sense of the place, what you perceived, that told you there was something odd. This has happened to me.

This is why I just wind up going to such places, to experience it again. I take friends along who can also experience it, and we chat about it afterwards.

Often we don't bother these days to put video footage and audio online, as it never really gives the true data of what happened, it's a 3 dimensional experience with all senses and perceptions. We have footage we think is great, as we know nothing but the paranormal can explain it, but put out to the media anyone would say all sorts of daft things that we faked it or "ooh it was a moth" or something like that we know isn't true.

At the moment I can't see the lady in the picture you put there, but I accept that it could well be you caught something unusual & paranormal there, and I love your report of what happened to you.
Together with your senses at the time, it's a really interesting photograph!!

It just makes me want to go to Crook Hall and see if maybe I can pick up something too! Really must go there, always wanted to but never made it there so far. :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself