Hello to you all.

New members please come and introduce yourself

Re: Hello to you all.

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:52 pm

I was not implying that it was a picture on the floor-it would be a very peculiar place to have a picture where everybody could and would step on it. It is automatic for me to go into debunk mode whenever I see such things.

It's not only good, it is necessary that there be two sides of every story, especially PN ones. This is a topic that has more polarizing and contention than any other subject I can think of. Each side is certain they are right, and all points to the contrary are nonsense or blasphemy. In such cases I always go back to what Derek Acorah(who is one of the biggest fakes out there)once said on an early segment of Most Haunted: "To the skeptic no proof is possible, to the believer no proof is necessary." Well, you pays your money, and you takes your choice!
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby jerry1975 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:05 am

Hi Spirit Bear.

I guess we both feel very strong about our opionions related
to ghosts etc.
I am sorry if i sounded a bit off with you Spirit Bear, i get very passionate about things.
I agree with you about derek ackorah though so thats one we can
agree on lol.

Its also very good to hear both sides and get their opinion, so thanks
to you all who have posted so far.

My next encounter will be posted in the experiences section.

Thangs again for looking.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby jerry1975 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:45 am

Hi guys.

I have posted my next encounter in the ghostly experiences section of this forum.

Thanks.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:03 am

Just seen it, thanks Jerry!

Glad you two reached a compromise, got to agree to disagree at least :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby jerry1975 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:29 am

Yeah lol.

I guess we both feel very strongly about our views, i respect everyones point of view
and we all see things differently.

I am a strong beliver because of my experiences.

I recomend crook hall if your in Durham, its a lovely place not just because of the ghosts!
Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Well, as I said before, you may have more in common than is obvious, as I can attest Spirit Bear actually isn't so much the staunch sceptic he has made out here, when you know him ;-)
I'm sure we'll go up to Crook Hall and he'll be looking for her in that stairwell!

i think most of us here, including me are "believers" in some ways, as we have all had things happen to us, or many of us have anyway, but we all have a sceptical method when it comes to looking at phenomena the paranormal, and that's easier when it didn't happen to you! You just have to be like that, as most things are very explainable as caused by ordinary means. It's those ones you can't explain that way which make you the believer, and the senses and perceptions that go with it, like you had.

As I said earlier (at length, sorry about that), nothing can replace the experience, and no matter how many photos and videos go on here, they will never convey that reality we experience when there at the receivng end of the 3D full life phenomena.
Spirit Bear also has things he has experienced that he will tell you and he "believes" but they would be so easy for anyone else with a sceptical method to dissmiss on here, if we were to post them ... an apparition "thing" we saw at Chillingham in the Oubliette for example, which can't be explained in any way, and a whole bunch of other phenomena including poltergeist throwing things around in a room we were in, a milk carton thrown and bursting over Spirit Bear's head when he lay in bed, and two times he was got at in the cellar at a haunted pub near Pendle Hill, and in a chapel at St Briavels... all phenomena that can't easily be explained.... etc.

I for one get what you say about that stairwell, and picture or no picture, from what you have said I believe your experience was real and something wasn't "usual", what happened to you, as it impinged on you so much. I'm just not sure what it is. Would be grear to find out some day. Quite probably something lingers there.

Would be interesting to contact Crook Hall again and ask if anyone else has experienced things on that stair ... I bet they have!! :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:38 pm

I am indeed a skeptic, but not as hard-core as I was when I first started doing PNIs. I have experienced too much to dismiss It all as so much fantasy. I am willing to be convinced, unlike people like James Randi, whom I used to have much respect for, until I realized he was as big a fake as some of those so-called mediums. I'm sure he never had any intention of paying out that million dollar prize, no matter what evidence was given to him. Probably didn't have the money to begin with!

As to Crook Hall, by all means, let's see if the owner is indeed taking guests again. I'll have a midnight go on that stair landing, you betcha! :-D
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Skeptic, .... other one's got Big Ben on it :lol: ;-)

Crook Hall - well Jerry already said you can't guest there, but we could visit it.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:53 pm

GhostInTheMachine wrote:Skeptic, .... other one's got Big Ben on it

Afraid you lost me with this one, GiTM!
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:10 pm

phrase "pull the other one, it's got bells on it".... advanced to "Big Ben on it" ;-)

I suppose it all depends on what you define a "believer" though. To me, it's someone who in any degree at all conceives that there is such a thing as spirit or that the paranormal is possible. To me a "sckeptic" is simply a materialist who doesn't admit to anything of it, even one iota.

Because you take credence in runes, crystals, and accept things like Mr Boots could be there, and protect yourself in various ways, I say you are not a complete materialistic sceptic.

For the most part, I think many of us are a bit of both, not one extreme or the other.
For my part, I'm a believer because I feel I know spirit exists and we are not just lumps of animated meat walking the planet. And, I have had far too many experiences of the paranormal so I say it exists. But, I am skeptical when it comes to investigating phenomena, anyone has to be, as a huge portion of phenomena is explainable through nature and not supernature.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself