hello all

New members please come and introduce yourself

hello all

Postby 22theavenue » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi there

Middle aged dad from Halifax UK (geordie) looking to just find out more

Born skeptic, but after living in this house since 2008, coming round to the possibility that some things are not too easy to explain away.

Keen to learn how to self investigate ghosts and have no knowledge on the subject at all

Thanks for your time and hopefully chat soon

Rgs

Steve
22theavenue

Re: hello all

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi Steve, and welcome to Everything Ghost. You've come to the right place, as we have many experienced investigators on board, who can help answer you questions. We also have many skeptics, so you're not alone in that respect!
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi Steve,
Great to have you on the forum!
A Geordie from Halifax??? Whatever next! Well, I'm a Northumbrian in Wales (originally from Ashington), so maybe not so strange after all .... :-D

Sounds interesting, what sort of things have been happening in your house?

Will give any advice we can. See you around
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi Steve :-h it's always nice to welcome another Geordie to the site, there are quite a few here. Your house sounds intriguing, so I hope you will tell us what has been happening. See you around the forum!

Jane :-D
Chatelaine

Postby 22theavenue » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:43 pm

Thanks for the lovely welcome guys and nice to hear there are some fellow north easterners on here.

Lots of odd stuff in the house progressively getting more obvious and evident

Moved here in 2008 and since 2011ish odd stuff happening - a snap shot being

Strange blue light (spiral like thing caught on film next to daughter on xmas day)
Filming kids at same xmas and there is a cough next to me and a light shoots across room
Picture falling off wall right next to where spiral light thing above was captured on film
Things falling out of cupboards behind wall where picture fell off
Lights on various family photos
Often see a shadow stuff cant really describe that - like someone moving at the corner of your vision
and more

Its not an old house

Hence why I thought I would have a look here - no bad feeling in the house its just got my wife and I suddenly becoming interested
22theavenue

Postby Spirit Bear » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Strange that these events all decided to wait for 3 years after you moved in to manifest. Have you done any major work or renovation on the house? Has anybody close to you passed on during the period? Do you have any children approaching or experiencing puberty? The hormonal energies the child releases during this time can be fed on by any of the energies that may be in that house. Can you think of any strange or unusual happenings that occurred in the house? These are just a few of the possibilities for these events. if we can debunk any natural answers, it will go a long way towards finding the answer to who, or what, is affecting your house.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Sounds like a really interesting set of phenomena there ZZheavenue.

Sounds to me like "someone" could be trying to get your attention. That is, provided all the natural explanations have been ruled out. Yes, curious that it should start now... or maybe it has always been there a little bit, but just escalated. Yes, like Spirit Bear I'm also wondering if someone near you passed, or something changed to trigger this.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby 22theavenue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Once I figure out how to post pics I will stick a photo or 2 up
Only big change since moving in has been my sons birth in 09, no immediate relatives passed or anything.
We are very close to an old manor house and the "activity" seems to be aroundabouts in 20 square feet.
22theavenue

Postby 22theavenue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Have a vid of it too as it whizzes past her - xmas morning
Not a great quality pic as light was low (usual early morning start at xmas lol) and its captured off a vid
Best quality one I could get
I know it look surreal in rgs to Bethany but as I say low light and it was a phone camera from a while ago - vid looks better, i had to pause and unpause the video to get the best image out of the video and I am no expert at tech
22theavenue

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:13 pm

That's a great shot, very interesting light feature. Maybe you could try uploading the vid to YouTube and see if we can see it, if you ever have time?

Being next to the old house, probably there were other buildings where your house stands. Would be interesting to know the history.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself