Paranormal Social Media

What do you think about ghosts, the paranormal, poltergeigsts? This is the place to discuss your theories, and any other data on the different types of phenomena.

Paranormal Social Media

Postby GII-Team » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Ghost Intelligent Investigations - Document/Article -
Paranormal Social Media
Written by Andy.

Social networking i have always found absolute key for getting your paranormal evidence amongst the world and when we first started out our social networking fan base was very small reaching about 30 people and of course we were happy that 30 people we have never met like our investigations and evidence captured.

We joined various forums in attempt to widen our social circle and made some great contacts (everything ghost) , very credible investigators but we were nieve at that time and decided to stop putting our time into forums,
Instead have spent the year putting 100% effort into social networking i.e.. facebook , twitter , googleplus plus lots of others.

At the time it felt like a good move for the team and our numbers went from 30 fans to now well over 4000 people across social networking websites and its a great feeling however i recently woke up to what paranormal research is and means to me and us as a team working out what we should spend our times and efforts doing.

I removed myself from the social media circle for 48 hours and it was a wake up call, i needed to see what an absolute waste of time the last year had been.

All Paranormal social media consists of is ......

Statistics, Kissing a***e , lots of obvious fakery and many accounts of very questionable evidence.

Lots of the leaders in the para-social circle seem to have 1 focus and thats getting video views, comments , retweets,shares of their evidence instead of communicating with teams discussing the evidence, question it and help to develop the evidence for further reference and understanding.

We spoke to a lot of teams who are all the same, its about favours and publicity, All they want is to be on TV and make money from the paranormal world and not educate it.
So many of them really have no idea what a real haunting is or feels like they go to locations with debunked devices get responses from what they want to hear and state the location is haunted, no emf changes , no evps , no visual evidence....are you sure its haunted or are you ?

We are not silly and all accounts are still up and running and always will be but its for GII-WebTV purposes a platform to see real evidence and understanding from a credible source, we try to direct people to our website or email.

For us now further educated in the paranormal world its all about forums and regret our neglect (EG) because we have found that our evidence and understanding of paranormal goes further through the their forum (EG) than all social media , not as in views but a general connections and want the same outcome with paranormal.
We connect with real paranormal investigators who give honest, objective opinions who without a doubt have pushed us further than 4000 people ever could, to us its all about constructive criticism and experience.

On social networking it all seems to be yes men that is all the paranormal teams want anyone to question it gets blocked and if your face doesn't fit and your standards are higher then you are not worth talking to only about.

I could list about 40 teams who are seen as the best of paranormal yet their episodes are boring and badly put together, lack of credible evidence and all about the image and not the facts.

Were obviously no experts in the paranormal world with 100's of cases to our name however our episodes are well put together, the evidence is actual , we always try to debunk and we always try to validate evidence.

Its so frustrating when real evidence does exist yet everyone rates rubbish and that is the whole problem with paranormal and the media, the real paranormal investigators put all the work in and its overlooked and then there is obvious faked footage and they have the highest ratings, And to those who are not educated enough and put debunkable evidence up and they swear its gospel and its these who don't like to be debunked and when you do it turns out to be a childish response.

So stick with us for real evidence , the new season of GII-WebTV we have lots of new locations and evidence , our team has gone from 2-6 members so the new year looks exciting!!!

Andy
@teamgii
GII-Team

Re: Paranormal Social Media

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:26 pm

Andy, thanks for your appreciation of our forum, I for one am glad it's perceived that way. :)

We have encountered several groups who are as you describe, they are in a competition with each other, state that they are the best or real pros and aim for publicity and media or fame. I think each group of this type sets out to be the next MH or GA, but really are they investigating for ghosts because they really want to know and experience? Or because they want fame, money or to live a fantasy ..... i.e.: play at being MH like kids playing cowboys and Indians, it's really then more of a fantasy. They also kid themselves sometimes about results...

However at the end of the day I don't begrudge what they do, they are doing it for fun or them or own recreation and that's fine, so long as they don't pretend to be anything other than what they are or are driven by money. We are all in it for the experience and the enjoyment at the end of the day.

We are not a "pro" group either nor claim to be experts, we just do it for ourselves and are not conceited enough to believe we are the best or the scientific ones, we don't do controlled scientific investigations to that degree that we could claim that, but we just try our best to be to be honest and get what we get - for ourselves only and our own recreation only, and we make no claims and so have nothing to prove. We probably have done a few more investigations than some others, and have been to a lot of locations, so that gives us experience and something to tell and learn, but that's all.

The investigation is only as good as those there, and how honest they are with themselves really. At the end of the day it is their experience that counts.

People also do it for different reasons, some to get the truth, some to prove something to others, some to find their own spirituality, some to get fame or make money, some to find the "evidence" or results. TBH in my view no matter what results a small group gets, it will be known as such by themselves only as a lot of the "evidence" has to be accompanied by the subjective experience of those who were there, which is always key. Also they are the only ones who know whether or not it was faked. If we get good results that's a big bonus, but I doubt it would ever be enough to convince everyone.

So, from our view, we do it for ourselves, because we enjoy it, get a kick out of it, and we have this forum to share with like minded people... and love to talk about it with anyone.
Personally, and this is just me, f we find anywhere genuinely haunted or "occupied" I also love to help whoever that may be to move on out and have the belief " Ghosts were people too".

I personally think if this stays that way, done for your own convictions and experience as paramount, rather than professionally for fame or finance, it's the only way to keep honest and straight.
It's the little groups of honest people that matter who just want to investigate and see what they find, or just experience the whole thing that it's all about. Doesn't matter so much what hi tech expensive equipment they have or don't have. The old time Ghost Club and first investigators were like that ... just book a night in a haunted place with a pad and paper, torch and maybe a cassette recorder and their own company ... just to see what happened and then tell or chat to others. :)

P.S.Re social media: Twitter and FB are more transient, everything is "now", even though the Timeline stores everything it's not what people are looking at, and so it's about random present time communication IMO, often with random strangers. With a forum you can build up the threads and topics so they become like a data base, it's all still there fresh and IMO you can have proper reports and discussion, though it takes more time.
I do think this phenomena of superficiality or rivalry in investigating goes on in forums too, but we just like to do the forum as it's where we started and we like the way we can build up and keep the topics separate. Twitter and FB are good for meeting folk and keeping in touch.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:37 am

Andy and Kelly: many thanks for your kind words about EG.

In the 8 years we have been doing PNIs, we have done very well, in terms of evidence and phenomena that we've encountered. In that time, we have become more than teammates sharing a common interest, we have become friends & family. And in that 8 years, we've remained faithful to something we all agreed on when we started doing this-to never fake anything. People may disagree with our findings or our interpretations, or ridicule us, but no-one can claim that we've ever faked or manufactured evidence. Yes, we make mistakes, but we are only human. If people want to point out those mistakes, we thank them, so that we can avoid that type mistake in the future.

We are not interested in fame-we do this for fun, for the love of it, for being with good friends. If we get evidence, great. If we don't, that's part of the job, too. I think I can speak for most of us on the team that we would not be interested in having our own TV show, because we would lose all control of how things should be done on the vigil.

Your team is coming along great-it sounds like you are getting good people to join you. And I'm glad you've taken my advice to not rely so heavily on your kit, and start going more with your own intuitive instincts when faced with some phenomena.

Looking forward to seeing your future videos! 8-)
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby GII-Team » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:22 am

Thank you both, great comments....its very frustrating but if we can connect with 1 person and give understanding or help then we have done our job as investigators.

p.s.. EG is a great database our favourite :D
GII-Team

Postby GII-Team » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:04 pm

Paranormal Social Media video....
Composed the article to a small 3 min video.....

GII-Team

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:59 am

There you go Andy, hope that shows up ... I can't tell using my Kindle, but everyone else should be able to see it.

Thanks for your great comments about EG :)

I agree, a lot of PNI groups aren't really interested in just either finding out and researching or in even just enjoying the experience, but it's all about rivalry, one-upmanship, and trying to get fame, saying they're the best etc. Or money of course, saying they are Professional usually sends up a red flag, as it means they are into making a business out of it, and unfortunately this often means they have a demand to perform and entertain those members of the public who pay on the night.

IMO the subject should be shared, discussed, in a friendly fashion. We all have things to glean from very many more experiences and time spent in places that we can't possibly all visit ourselves, we're all in it together. But let's drop the fame thing, it's not worth it, leave it to MH and co who are already doing it.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Return to All About Ghosts & The Paranormal