Torches

Advice, comments and discussion about investigating haunted locations, equiptment to use and how to do it. Tell us about your own investigations here too, we'd love to hear them!

Torches

Postby denise_42 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Can anyone tell which is the best torch to buy for ghost hunting, there are so many out there i take it a LED would be best.
denise_42

Re: Torches

Postby Spirit Bear » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:38 am

The best torches for PNI work come from China. There is a small torch that throws off a terrific light that goes a great distance. It also has an adaptor that allows the beam to be changed from narrow to full. The size allows you to hold the torch and other kit at the same time. Look them up on eBay, they are not too pricey.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Scaramouche » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:02 pm

I agree with Spirit Bear. However, I would also recommend supplementing it with a 12 LED Ultra Bright head torch with adjustable brightness levels/strobe option for the occasions when you don't have a hand free to hold an ordinary torch. These, too, are inexpensive and can be obtained from eBay and elsewhere and - though they only cast light a relatively modest distance - the adjustable brightness levels and strobing option more then compensate.
I can describe myself in five words. Intelligent, handsome, debonair, witty - NOT!!
Scaramouche

Postby Chatelaine » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:37 pm

I've seen those head torches that have an infra-red setting too. Has anyone used them at all? I was wondering if they helped during filming in the dark.
Chatelaine

Return to All about ghost investigating