Sound Software

Advice, comments and discussion about investigating haunted locations, equiptment to use and how to do it. Tell us about your own investigations here too, we'd love to hear them!

Sound Software

Postby ThatZealousOne » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:27 pm

So I have an EVP voice recorder in the form of a digital recorder. I can record EVP sessions with it and transfer the audio files to my computer, but there's a problem. My computer is brand new, and lacks any audio software.

So, what is the best audio software for analysing EVPs? I myself use Audacity since it is free and easy to use. Is there anything else I haven't considered though? Would be interested to hear what people use.
ThatZealousOne

Re: Sound Software

Postby Scaramouche » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:44 pm

I, too, use Audacity and have done for many moons; but there are numerous other audio editing programs available. However, of the free available audio software, Audacity is head and shoulders above anything else available. It is extremely flexible, relatively easy to use and has a plethora of bells and whistles that - individually, or in combination - are enough to meet virtually any requirements the user is going to have. There are additional options (also free) that can be added to enhance it's capabilities even further and for most users/editors of audio files (amateur and professional) Audacity is THE choice audio editing software. A further 'plus' is the many posts on Youtube and elsewhere that, between them, cover a majority of Audacitys' "How To"s. In short, if you use Audacity, you are unlikely to need or want to use anything else :-bd .
I can describe myself in five words. Intelligent, handsome, debonair, witty - NOT!!
Scaramouche

Postby Chatelaine » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:35 pm

I use Audacity for our Podcast, when I do the podcast that is :roll: It's very good, but I remember having problems at first, but downloading something called LAME sorted it all out. But as Scaramouche says, there are loads of How to's on Youtube which will help you along.
Chatelaine

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Chatelaine wrote:I use Audacity for our Podcast, when I do the podcast that is :roll: It's very good, but I remember having problems at first, but downloading something called LAME sorted it all out. But as Scaramouche says, there are loads of How to's on Youtube which will help you along.

And I think it's high time, that another Pod cast makes it's appearance, Chatelaine! How can you keep denying my millions of adoring female fans the chance to once again listen to my ultra-cool NY baritione? :-D 8-) 8-)
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Scaramouche » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:31 am

Spirit Bear wrote:it's high time, that another Pod cast makes it's appearance, Chatelaine! How can you keep denying my millions of adoring female fans the chance to once again listen to my ultra-cool NY baritione? :-D 8-) 8-)

(Ghost of) Barry white - eat your heart out! :-D
I can describe myself in five words. Intelligent, handsome, debonair, witty - NOT!!
Scaramouche

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm

:lol: @ Scaramouche and Spirit Bear! Yep, I was working on the Halloween podcast yesterday. I'm at the gathering stories stage, found a wee corker too.
Chatelaine

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:39 am

Halloween is the best time to unleash a new batch of scary stories! :o :shock:
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby ThatZealousOne » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:06 am

Seems like audacity is the way to go. I was using my old CS4 Soundcloud, but the way adobe prices things now I won't be using their products ever again.

Cheers for the help guys.
ThatZealousOne

Return to All about ghost investigating