RAF Binbrook

We have now done dozens of investigations over the years all over the UK. Reports will be loaded one by one on the main site page at www.everythingghost.co.uk, - we have a backlog! Discuss completed reports here.

RAF Binbrook

Postby denise_42 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:16 am

Has anyone here been to the RAF Binbrook, i am going in November and just wondered if anyone has been before.
denise_42

Re: RAF Binbrook

Postby MrBirdz » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:12 am

Is there anything left of it?? I thought it was demolished years ago?
MrBirdz

Postby denise_42 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:02 pm

It is a community Centre now i think.
denise_42

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:39 pm

This comes from the book Haunted Second World War Airfields: The field was closed in 1992. Current status: The runways have gone, but most of the buildings remain. The technical buildings and the hangers form an industrial estate. The accommodation blocks stand disused. The married quarters are private housing in the new village of Brookenby.

There are also detailed accounts of the various hauntings in and around the base, most of which occurred while it was still active.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby ThatZealousOne » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:14 am

I was talking with a friend and I'm surprised more WW2 places aren't haunted. Battlefields, or even the beaches of Normandy. You'd think with all that emotion and death there would be something. Right?
ThatZealousOne

Postby Spirit Bear » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:41 pm

One of those haunted bases we wanted to get into was Maes Artro, where Most Faked did one of their better Live events. Sadly the base stopped allowing PNI's shortly after that. I wonder if the base did that because they realized they had been conned by the Karate Kidder, Poison Yvie, and their band of Merry Fakers!
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Pequisto » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:52 pm

ThatZealousOne wrote:I was talking with a friend and I'm surprised more WW2 places aren't haunted. Battlefields, or even the beaches of Normandy. You'd think with all that emotion and death there would be something. Right?

I, too, used to think this was the most likely outcome for a haunting. In recent years, I've come to believe most soldiers killed in battle would most likely not want to dwell there purely based on the idea that dying violently would be counted as bad experience. I think we, as humans, try to think on the brighter side of life--a favourite room or area that meant something to us in the past.

Maybe it's just me but if I suffered a violent death on some piece of terrain far from home, I'd zip myself all the way home and back to familiar surroundings. :-D
Pequisto

Postby ThatZealousOne » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:45 pm

I suppose not knowing what happens at death, and likely never knowing until it happens means we will never really get a true explanation as to why ghosts haunt certain locations. Ghosts often haunt the places that they died, that is true. After all, prisons, hospitals and the like are often haunted and I don't think anyone would want to spend eternity there, yet also ghosts show up where they did not die and have clearly 'moved'. Or perhaps that is where the ghost materialises? Some encounters with ghosts speak of the fact they cannot leave for unknown reasons and are tethered to that place. We have also seen, if I recall, experiments using EM wave generators which show that ghosts can travel between locations using these generators. Given all of that, could we theorise that indeed, it is not always true that someone who dies is tethered to the place they die? Be that violent or otherwise. Perhaps there are other factors at play? Maybe it is entirely beyond our control as to where we end up and if we can leave.
ThatZealousOne

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:57 pm

Sounds fascinating, I will be very interested to hear about your visit there and how it goes.

We have done one WWii RAF base, in Sunderland - the North East Air Museum. Very good place to do, lots of atmosphere and activity.
Have always wanted to do more, and I have done a few searches for appropriate old bases in Wales a few times but never found any that would be suitable.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:13 pm

GitM:I'm bringing that set of books about haunted air bases with me on my next visit, so you will be spoiled for choice there!

I'm trying to find the name of that abandoned base next to the Busby Stoop Inn, but can't seem to find it.
Spirit Bear

Next

Return to Investigations we've done