Hello to you all.

New members please come and introduce yourself

Hello to you all.

Postby jerry1975 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello Everyone.
My name is gerald but everyone knows me as Jerry.
I live near scarborough, UK , with my wife Sarah whom i have been married to for only seven months.
I have been a paranormal investigator for around 10 years now but coming back to it after a two year abscense due to illness.
In that time i have seen and experienced a lot of things and i am i firm beliver in ghosts.
I have also an interest in UFO's and used to go out looking for those too.
My most recent experience was at a well known hall about a mile from durham.
There i got a picture of who i belive maybe the white lady who is said to haunt there.
I shall share my experiences later with those who would like to read them.
My othet intetests are walking, motorcycles, xbox games a.d model making.

I look forward to reading your experiences too.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Re: Hello to you all.

Postby Chatelaine » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi Jerry and welcome! :-bd I'd love to see that photo of the white lady and hear about your other paranormal escapades. We've got members from your neck of the woods and I am sure they would certainly be interested to hear about that manor house.

See you around the forum, Jane :-D
Chatelaine

Postby Spirit Bear » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi Jerry and welcome to Everything Ghost. I hope you enjoy your time here, and hope you have a lot to say. I'd like to see that photo of the White Lady myself!
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby jerry1975 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
I shall post a pic of the white lady soon plus write about the encounter too.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi Jerry, great to hear from you and welcome.
I'm from the North East, though not living there now, but will be interesting to hear your experiences and where you've been over the years.
Yes, I too would love to see that pic :)

See you around the forum!
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby jerry1975 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi Guys.

Well as promised, here is the photo and my encounter.

My wife and i got married in July 2014 and as a wedding my wife's mother organised a coach holiday ( our honeymoon ).
It was a lovely time in Durham and surrounding area.
As part of the holiday there was an outing to Crook Hall and gardens.
we had a good time looking around and then we decided to go upstairs and look around up there.
Om the way back down, i felt a really weird sensation and just knew something was there.

I took a couple of photos and this is what i captured:

There was nothing there when i took the photo but,you can see a face at the bottom of the stairs and long hair.

I told one of the staff about it and she told me about the white lady that is said to haunt the place.

I wonder if this is who/what i captured.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Sorry, Jerry, but as a confirmed skeptic in such matters, I have to be honest. I don't think that is a face on the landing floor. It looks to me like it might be a reflection of the clock face caused by the sunlight I can see on the staircase wall.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby jerry1975 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi Spirit Bear.

Its deffinetly not a reflection as there was nothing at all to be seen on the stairs and also i don't think a reflection would be so defined and show the features of her face so well.
There is also the strange feeling i got when stood there and no reflection was shining on me when i walked around that spot, all i can say is your entitled to your views and i respect your views
What do others think?

I'd be interested to hear all views on this.

Thanks.

Jerry.
jerry1975

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Crook Hall, now that's a place I know is said to be haunted and was always planning to arrange a stay at when air was still living in the area, but never did, though never did. I think I contacted the owner and she wasn't allowing stays at the time. Would love to do it.

The photo - I'm not a dedicated sceptic and believe in the paranormal, but I tend to look for the usual first, I'm afraid just in this display of your photo I can't see a face or hair ... maybe it's not showing so well here as in the original, though I just went to Photobucket and can see what you uploaded.

What I do see is some marks or patterns on the landing at the bottom of the stairs, but it's hard to tell what those are, May be clear if we were there.

Did you take any others from this angle so as to compare and see if the pattern occurs in them too, or to see if this pattern is an isolated anomaly?

I agree, it's not a reflection. Not sure what it is though.

I can believe it that you would feel odd in a spot or area that is haunted or has some residue to it, as I have experienced similar many times. That to me makes this much more interesting indeed. Would be great to go back there and have another look.

Don't take too much notice of Spirit Bear if he's a little brash in dismissing, he likes to say he's a sceptic but on vigils and knowing him this is very far from the case ;) :D I'm sure he'd be very keen to do a vigil in Crook Hall and would make a bee line for that stairwell.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:41 pm

GhostInTheMachine wrote:
Don't take too much notice of Spirit Bear if he's a little brash in dismissing, he likes to say he's a sceptic but on vigils and knowing him this is very far from the case ;) :D I'm sure he'd be very keen to do a vigil in Crook Hall and would make a bee line for that stairwell.

Of course I'm brash, I'm a Noo Yawker! :-D Darn right I would be keen to go to any "haunted" location! Have Mel meter, will travel, especially if there is the possibility of a solo vigil!
Spirit Bear

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself