Was It A UFO I Saw ?

Here you can discuss those fringe topics such as UFOs, Aliens & Abductions, otherworldly beings & entities, cryptozoology & Bigfoot. We'd like to hear evidence for and against, & what you believe.

Was It A UFO I Saw ?

Postby Tasha O » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:42 pm

This experience took place while still staying in the village.

I had to walk across the two bridges every morning to catch the school bus, my grandmother usually left me at the grassy area just before the pathway down to the first bridge once all the other village children started making their way to the bus stop, it was during the winter months and still dark at the time I left to catch the bus, the other children were a bit in front of me as I walked down towards the first bridge, as I reached the bridge I was aware of something moving to my left in the sky, I looked up to see a yellowish craft of some description hovering quite some distance above the trees, I do not remember hearing any sound, but as I watched the craft it quickly moved across the sky to my right, then stopped and hovered again for a moment before speeding off in to the sky, I had kept slowly walking over the bridge as I watched the craft.

I was very unsure of what I had saw, but UFO came to mind, I could remember my mother telling me of a UFO she had saw out walking her dog one night before I was born, she then stayed in a village a little further away from where we stayed at this time, another woman had been with her that evening and both had saw it.

When I got home, I said to my grandmother about the craft, but she told me not to be silly and it would have been the moon, I knew it had not been the moon, the object I had saw was moving.

Over the years I have thought of that object, possibly it was a UFO, I have since saw may photographs of UFO’s, and programs, what I saw had resembled crafts in the photographs, what I saw was yellowish in colour, but no detectable sound, I even considered the possibility it was an unmanned space probe.

I believe space crafts do visit this planet, and have done all throughout earths history, I have even considered the possibility some might be from earths own future.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Re: Was It A UFO I Saw ?

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:05 am

Another great experience Tasha!
Having seen them myself on a couple of occasions, and always with others present, I believe in them. Athough I also think many will have natural explanations and there will be mundane reasons for much phenomena, I think a minority are real UFOs, at least unexplained. So, who knows it could have been one of these, if you have ruled out all other possibilities, at least it's unidentified for you.

Chatelaine was telling me of a very similar experience to yours, had by one of our work colleagues, it was a very scary for them.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine,

It was a very long time ago now, but I know I definitely saw something, I know now it was not a shooting star, I have saw many over the years and they don’t stop to hover, :lol: I do believe in UFO’s, but I’m not convinced this experience was one, I would like to think it was, it however was definitely something unusual, pity no one else had been with me at the time, unlike my mother when she saw one.

I have saw many photographs and programs on UFO’s and sure quite a lot have other origins other than outer space, :roll: I don’t remember feeling frightened on this occasion, just very curious, I dare to say fear might have set in if the craft or whatever, had paid me more attention than it did.

It is nice to know someone else has had a similar experience to mine. :-D

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Yeah, I agree with that.
Chatelaine and I both had a UFO encounter on the way to doing an investigation in County Durham, it was pretty bizarre and mind blowing at the time, we put it on the forum.. Will dig out the thread if you haven't seen it.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine,

I don't believe I have read Chatelaine and yourselves encounter with a UFO yet, I have read some of the threads in this section, but not very many, it will be interesting to read.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 am

GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Tasha O » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine,

Thanks for the link, I have just been reading your experience, all so very interesting, my second experience was similar and took place in the 1990's, I was leaving it for another day to write, but I might just write it this week and post, it would have been very frightening for both you and chatelaine passing under what you knew nothing about, but I tend to agree it was not of this world, I think it is strange however no one else traveling along the A1 saw nothing, must have been some really unobservant people around that night. :smile:

Tasha O
Tasha O

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Will look forward to reading that Tasha!
At first we thought no one else had the experience we did, but somewhere down the thread there is a link to the since released MOD reports logs on UFO sightings, which were made public in the years after that. You'll see a link to a page where someone else made an official report if the same phenomena in Co Durham, but about 10 miles away and about 30 mins later.

I suppose most people who see these things won't mail's an official report either, just keep it private.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:39 pm

I just had to come on and read your story as GiTM said it was similar to a story that happened to a colleague of mine. A lady I know was coming home late one evening and driving through the Wye Valley, she had been into Chepstow to pick up her Granddaughter from a nightclub. As the pair were driving down the road which leads down to Tintern Abbey, something caught my colleagues eye, there was a craft hovering over the valley. The road they were on is not lit at all and is a windy and heavily wooded country road, but they could see the craft as plain as day through the trees. Very soon they realised it was keeping up with the car as if it was tracking them and locked on to them. The Granddaughter begged her Grandmother to do something. My colleague drove as fast as she could, the UFO in hot pursuit. As they neared the bottom of the hill and were almost at the turning into Tintern Abbey (which is in the village) the Granddaughter let out a piercing scream as the UFO swerved really close to them and then shot away at an incredible speed. My colleague was convinced that the UFO gave up on the pursuit as they came into the village where there are houses, pubs, hotels etc. She was thankful that the UFO disappeared and was very glad to be back in the safety of her village. She couldn't bear to ponder what might have happened to them both if they had been in a more deserted area. :shock:
Chatelaine

Postby Tasha O » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi GhostInTheMachine, Chatelaine,

I never thought but people might not want to report seeing a UFO in case they were laughed at and thought insane, it makes sense wanting to keep it private.

I will take a look at the report as soon as I get a little time, I’m sure it will make interesting reading, especially with being interested in this type of phenomena too.

I will write my other experience soon, I have it documented, I did it at the time but I will have to hunt it out, I want to get the details correct, when I write about things I tend not to bother trying to remember them thereafter as I have a written record of them, my way of making room in my mind for something else, lol

Chatelaine, you work collage and her daughter must have been really terrified by their experience, how awful for them, especially when alien abductions take place, I could feel my heart pounding just reading it, they will be wary now in case something like that ever happens again.

Tasha O
Tasha O

Next

Return to Other Beings Among Us? - Debate UFOs, Aliens, Angels, Demons, & Bigfoot