N/E England - Help Visiting Haunted Locations

Any questions from new members on how to go about this forum or need advice? Ask away here and the mod, admin or veteran members will be keen to help

N/E England - Help Visiting Haunted Locations

Postby DJUK » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:30 am

My girlfriend is coming over from Canada to see me and we want to go do a little ghost hunt / day out sight seeing haunted locations around the North East of England (where I live).

We really don't want to be travelling around England to see locations, we just want to visit locally.

I'm trying to find places to visit however a lot of them are strictly daytime visiting hours and such so I'm wondering if anyone knows of locations that have activity during the day.

P.S. - she won't stay the night sleeping in a haunted location but will walk around it at night (something we both want to do).
DJUK

Re: N/E England - Help Visiting Haunted Locations

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:34 am

Hi DJUK, and welcome to Everything Ghost. By the Northeast, do you mean areas like York, or Scarborough? We know, and have visited, several locations in that region, and should be able to give you a few tips on sites that are worth visiting.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby DJUK » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:43 am

Hi Spirit Bear, thanks for your quick response :)

Yes, York and Scarborough are very close to me and would definitely be places me and my girlfriend could visit. I even mentioned York to her :P

If there's other places maybe in Newcastle and Middlesbrough too that you've heard of then I would also be very interested to hear about them.

DJUK

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:06 am

Hi there DJUK,

I am sure you are going to get lots of suggestions as we have many members from the North East here. Thinking of places which may be good to walk around during the day, I would suggest Newcastle Keep, as I remember the Admin of this forum having a very interesting experience there during the day a few years ago.

Jane :smile:
Chatelaine

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi DJUK,

Great to see you on the forum!
Well, where shall I start?

If I were you I would definitely visit

1) Castle Keep in Newcastle, very spooky building indeed and haunted. We have done investigations there, but to be honest most of the things I have experienced have been during the day when I was wandering around either in my own or with my brother and his kids. It's usually quiet, so you can have the place with very few visitors around and soak up the ambience this time of year.
I saw had and unexplained large dark shadow cross between me and the back of the Queen's Room, when I was on my own. It was quite dramatic and obvious. Also when I was there with my brother and his daughter we went down into one of the dungeon areas and experienced some very loud audio phenomena in there, a large anchor rocking on its own.
All during the day

2) Chillingham Castle, Northumberland. ... not to be missed. We did 3 nights of investigations there, but also experienced some stuff during the day. Appeared on Most Haunted.

3) Check out Beamish museum.. well worth a day there anyway, stunning, but there are also haunted areas. The experience is very worth it.

4) Take her to Marsden Grotto, near South Shields.. an old pirate haunt and has had lots of phenomena. It's pretty dark even in the day time. It's actually a pub but it's in caves below the cliffs you go down to it by elevator. Choose to go in the day or on a quiet evening .. not when all the clubbers and boozers are out there. Nice for a trip

5) visit Souter Lighthouse, also haunted and well worth the trip, it's National Trust and not far from Marsden Grotto. It appeared on the Most Haunted show.

That should do for now. :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Spirit Bear » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:36 pm

I would suggest if you go to York itself, check out the Golden Fleece, and Richard Turpin's grave. We have a member here, Jerry1975, who is from Scarborough, and knows many haunted locations in that area. He is trying to organize a PNI group to do investigations, but is having little success. He may come on here to give his ideas, or you could contact him via a private mail here on the site.
Last edited by Spirit Bear on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby DJUK » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:36 am

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions and insight into the locations :)

I'm very interested in going to some of them however my girlfriend is no longer my girlfriend. She waited over 16months to meet and when she wasn't having the same love feeling she experienced at the start of our relationship, then she didn't want the relationship anymore and just wanted to meet as friends. That tore me up considering that we've waited for 16 months in a relationship to meet (she was in therapy for depression and I talked her out of 8 suicide attempts) and then she can only be bothered to meet when we're not in a relationship anymore.
So I told her no and that if she wants to meet then she can stick out the relationship and try but she said I was selfish and she hates me blah blah blah.

So I'm still very interested in visiting these places and more but unfortunately she won't be attending :)
DJUK

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:31 am

Hmm, don't really want to interfere, especially not on a site like this, but it sounds to me like it's not a good match anyway and you'd be best looking elsewhere and meeting them first....

But, go and see those places anyway, you'll enjoy them! :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:59 pm

DJUK, did you get to visit any of these sites after? ;-)
Chatelaine

Return to New Member Questions