Unusual Applications of Video ITC

Advice, comments and discussion about investigating haunted locations, equiptment to use and how to do it. Tell us about your own investigations here too, we'd love to hear them!

Unusual Applications of Video ITC

Postby Scaramouche » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:33 am

Instrumental TransCommunication (ITC) is the process used to communicate with spirit using a recording device of some sort. The best known type of ITC is the EVP; but other types make use of video cameras/camcorders to obtain visual evidence by unusual means.

One form of video ITC involves placing a video camera/camcorder in front of a TV/PC, facing the screen. The TV/PC is then hooked to the camera looping the signal. From the resulting swirling image on the screen, faces of those in spirit can appear.

In the mid 1980s, Klaus Schreiber gathered images of alleged spirits by using a video camera aimed at a television and feeding the output of the camera back into the TV. The continual loop showed faces forming on the screen - some were deceased family members, some were well known 'celebrities' who had passed. On one occasion Albert Einstein made an appearance and, on another, an image of actress Romy Schneider appeared years after her death. It's worth searching for ' Klaus Schreiber ITC' on Youtube for examples of his recordings.

An off-shoot of video ITC is the black screen test. In this instance a video camera/camcorder is set up where it is suspected paranormal activity may occur and a video recording made of between 10 and 15 seconds with the lens cap on. This results in a black screen on play-back for the duration of the recording. If you're lucky, however, when the recording is played back one frame at a time (24/25 frames per second) on some of the frames a face can be made out against the black background - usually in black and white. This method used to be quite popular years ago; but I haven't investigated paranormal activity in moons. So I don't know if it is practised very often today.

It should be - the technology's there.
I can describe myself in five words. Intelligent, handsome, debonair, witty - NOT!!
Scaramouche

Re: Unusual Applications of Video ITC

Postby Chatelaine » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:04 am

Now I could have sworn I had already replied to this article. I have seen this method in action recently, but for the life of me I cannot remember who it was. It may have been Ghost Adventures or possibly even Most Haunted, it was only on in the last few months on tv. I hadn't seen this before but the investigators had one result. In hours of footage, one frame clearly displayed the face of a little girl. A very interesting experiment and one I would love to try sometime ;-)
Chatelaine

Return to All about ghost investigating