A couple of ghostly encounters

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

A couple of ghostly encounters

Postby kaos7 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:09 pm

I've been really enjoying reading some of the encounters members have been sharing on this forum so I thought I'd share a few of mine.
I grew up in a haunted house and experienced opening and closing of doors quite regularly with no drafts at all. My mum saw an alarm clock levitate once and other members of the family saw an apparition of a woman in the garden on a few occasions. It was a strange house and I don't really miss being there.
When I was in my early 20s I started working at a large retail store and worked on the night shift stacking shelves etc. It was good money and quite a laugh actually. The night crew were a good bunch and we got on well. There were always rumours about the place being haunted. People had seen something in the warehouse, grey mists and felt icy chills apparently and the goods lift used to go up to the top floor on its own regularly. This was odd in itself because the lift engineer who came to service it said it would go down to the ground after a while and reset but it wasn't set to go up on its own unless it was called.
A few months after I started there, a new guy started and we were working on the same section one night and were talking as we worked. He then asked me if I thought this place was haunted. I said I didn't really know and why did he ask that. He said he hated it in the warehouse and felt he was being watched up there. He looked rather nervous as he said it so I could tell he was serious.
A few nights later and I was in the warehouse putting some stock away. Another guy was a few shelves away from me and we were chatting as we worked. He asked me something and I didn't quite hear him so walked round the corner towards where he was working. Just as I turned the corner I walked through only what I can describe as a grey fog and for a split second went icy cold. I quickly turned around and there was nothing there at all. I looked up to see if there was an air conditioning duct but I couldn't see any, I walked back where I had been and it felt totally normal temperature. That was the only experience I had there but I'll never forget it.

Probably one of my most frightening encounters was when I was working as a security officer in an office building on night shift. The building was relatively new, probably built in the early 80s but always had a very odd feeling about it. It always felt cold in certain areas. The day guard used to tell me that people witnessed strange things there and an old night guard was so frightened there he used to shake in his chair and as soon as the day guard got there he would run out of the building as fast as he could. I used to start my shift at 6pm and took over from the day guard. Once the staff were out of the building I would lock all the outside doors and I would be the only one left in the building until 6am the next day when the day guard came on duty. Once the staff had gone, I used to go and shut the windows in the offices and turn the lights off before returning to the reception where I was based. There, I would get the laptop out and watch DVDs or go online until I was due to do a patrol of the building. Behind the reception was a staircase to the first floor and sometimes I would hear footsteps going up and down the staircase. The day guard and I caught it on a sound recorder once, as well as doors being slammed shut.
One morning about 4am I started a patrol of the building. The milk had just been delivered so I went to put it in the fridges in the office kitchens on each floor. As I walked up the staircase I heard footsteps behind me getting louder and louder. I was terrified and when I got to the 2nd floor landing I turned round. Nobody there! I put the milk away and went down to reception. No footsteps behind me that time luckily. I sat in the chair at the desk and reached under to turn on the hall lights. Just before I touched the switch there was a massive bang on the top of the desk like someone dropping a heavy book from a few feet onto it! I frightened the life out of me and I ran outside and lit a cigarette and tried to calm down. The day guard arrived and saw the state of me. I told him what had happened and it had happened to him a couple of times at weekends. I worked there for a few months and heard the footsteps on the stairs occasionally but I didn't get followed again or loud bangs like that morning luckily. Eventually the company got taken over and security wasn't needed anymore there. I don't miss that place one bit!
kaos7

Re: A couple of ghostly encounters

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Wow! Sounds like you have been a very busy lad, you must be a sensitive! I also once saw a levitating alarm clock-when I threw it across the room for going off 3 hours early and waking me up out of a sound sleep! :-D [X(]
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby kaos7 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Lol pesky alarm clocks!
In all honest Spirit Bear I don't class myself as a sensitive at all. I cant pick anything up or things like that if I go to a haunted location. I just put it down to being in the right place at the right time really.
A lot of my family have seen ghosts over the years. My Dad saw the apparition of a woman glide down the stairs where he used to live which was a farm in Kent and my grandmother saw the same apparition countless times over their time there. Maybe its a family trait lol
kaos7

Postby Spirit Bear » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:28 pm

I agree with what GhostinTheMachine always says that we are all psychic to one degree or another, it just depends on whether or not we want to develop those abilities. I think that if you work with sensitive people for any length of time, some of their abilities rubs off on you. I always considered myself to be psychic null, but in the last few years I've picked up some claregustiance abilities.
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby Chatelaine » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:13 am

Great experiences, I loved reading them. Have you ever done paranormal investigations and experienced things?
Chatelaine

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:07 am

Brilliant, great experiences Kaos!!

Wow, if you were in that warehouse nice you could really investigate it and see what you could turn up about the place, audio you could record.
I wonder what it's used for now?
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby kaos7 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:20 pm

Thanks everyone! They certainly were strange to say the least. I think there was a row of old town houses which were demolished to make way for the store and its warehouse but that's all I could find about that place unfortunately GITM.
The office building supposedly was built on the site of an old funeral directors and the basement area was where they bought the hearses in to drop off and pick up. Saying that, it has been totally refurbished since I worked there. When I drive past there sometimes I wonder if they have any activity still.
I have done some PNI work Chatelaine, I have just started getting back into investigations again after a long absence but a few years go I caught something on camera. It was at an old courthouse and I took some pics in the cells and I got this outline of a soldier's jacket with a collar and buttons going down it. I'll try to dig it out, I've got it on a disk somewhere. I'm planning to be doing more investigations in the future though. Got one coming up in march which I'm really looking forward to!
That's really interesting Spirit Bear, thanks. A guy I used to work with was a medium and I'll have to have a chat with him about that :)
kaos7

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Sounds great Kaos, glad you are getting enthused again!

Sounds interesting about that building, would be great for you to go there again.

Yeah, would love to see that pic of the soldier! :)
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby Chatelaine » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Oh yes, I would love to see that photo you took!

Glad to hear you are getting back into paranormal investigating ;-) I don't think I will ever get tired of it. Have you investigated any locations you would recommend to other groups?
Chatelaine

Postby kaos7 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Thanks guys, I'll certainly try to locate it. Just gotta find which disc its on.
Yeah I'm glad that I'm getting back into investigations again. I became very disillusioned by it all a few years back due to the behaviour and attitudes of other groups. It certainly wasn't a fun time really.
I did a few Chatelaine but the funniest thing was that I investigated more workplaces and private residences than commercial places. Eastbourne Pier and Beachy Head can be very strange though.
kaos7

Next

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences