Weird Light or orb

Had any paranormal experiences? Know of anyone who has? Want to know about types of ghosts & theories of what they are? Discuss these here. Ask any advice if you need it.

Weird Light or orb

Postby martin1985 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi everyone , I have not been on here for awhile and hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year! , on to my story....this happened a week before Christmas.

Me and my girlfriend where is bed one night watching a movie in the dark, then out of no where from the corner of the room (where I am sitting now on my pc) I seen this light/orb appear out of nowhere move up slightly more and lit this area of my room slightly more before it completely vanished!

I then looked at my girlfriend to see if she had seen it and she had but wasn't going to say anything if I hadn't seen it as she was scared.

I have tried to come up with an explanation as to car light maybe because sometimes they go across my wall but never like what we seen that night.
Last edited by martin1985 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martin1985

Re: Weird Light or orb

Postby Spirit Bear » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi Martin, welcome back and happy holidays to you too. Is it possible that after looking at the bright TV screen, you looked away, and the image was retained on your retina? I've had the same where if I stare at a light for a few seconds and then look away, I see dark spots floating all over the place!
Supergirl: "What, do you go through my trash?" The Question: "Please...! I go thru everyone's trash."
Spirit Bear

Postby martin1985 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:49 pm

No it was definitely not anything like image was retained in retina as i noticed the light happening in the corner of my eye while watching tv, then i turnt directly to look at it and that's when i noticed it lift up a little higher before it vanished.
martin1985

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi Martin, Happy New Year to you too!! :)

That's really interesting, especially as both you and your girlfriend saw it.
Did you see it out if the corner of your eye or with peripheral vision, or were you watching it head on?

Oh, and could you say where, just your house?
Interested if anything else happened there like this.
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby martin1985 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:08 pm

I seen it out of the corner of my eye with peripheral vision, when i then turn to look at it, It then lifted up a little higher then went brighter before it dissipated. It definitely looked like an orb! I was not a believer in them too!
martin1985

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:35 am

goodness, interesting!

I'd say that rules out the thing SB was suggesting, if you were looking at it directly, and your girlfriend saw it too!
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby martin1985 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:18 am

Yes it does rule out that, the only explanation I can think of is somehow some car headlights flashed across the room (even though I didn't see any go by at the time) and the head lights reflected of my pc monitor and somehow it lit this side of the room. I am not sure if that was what happened...very odd
martin1985

Postby GhostInTheMachine » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:18 pm

Try to put yourself in the same place on a similar time of night, set everything the same, and then watch what happens when a car goes by, from all different directions. If it happens again, you know it was that. If not.....something else!
GhostInTheMachine
Site Admin

Postby martin1985 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:24 pm

yes i will do that GiTM will keep you update if anything like this happens again!
martin1985

Return to Paranormal & Ghostly Experiences